High-End PC £4,000 budget: Buying final parts this month!

Associate
OP
Finished build (besides the RTX 3080/3080Ti when I can get my hands on one) including some new peripherals.

Thanks for everyone's help
smile.png

tgbtZvk.jpg
At86Jtp.jpg
IUCj5Uf.jpg

Associate
OP
Thats a great build. Whats verdict on case & cooler? May get them as my 240mm H100X struggles with i9 OC'd.
I would go for the new Meshify 2. - I would have myself but it was out of stock by the time I wanted to order a case for me to build the next day so I got the Meshify S2 which is the older model.

The problems are that the front case wires are connected to the front panel and that the front panel is very hard to remove unless you try really hard and feels like it is going to snap. - This has been fixed though on the new Meshify 2.

Other than that, amazing case for airflow. I have 1x rear 140mm fan, a 360mm top radiator and 3x front 140mm fans. - There is even room for a bottom 140mm case fan too. Lots of room.

The Artic Freezer 2 is amazing. It's only around £100 which is quite a good deal for an AIO and it's actually the best one on the market for performance. Temps are great!

Soldato
I would go for the new Meshify 2. - I would have myself but it was out of stock by the time I wanted to order a case for me to build the next day so I got the Meshify S2 which is the older model.

The problems are that the front case wires are connected to the front panel and that the front panel is very hard to remove unless you try really hard and feels like it is going to snap. - This has been fixed though on the new Meshify 2.

Other than that, amazing case for airflow. I have 1x rear 140mm fan, a 360mm top radiator and 3x front 140mm fans. - There is even room for a bottom 140mm case fan too. Lots of room.

The Artic Freezer 2 is amazing. It's only around £100 which is quite a good deal for an AIO and it's actually the best one on the market for performance. Temps are great!
Ok cheers for recommendation.

Associate
OP
@Actual_Criminal good to see u finally got the build finished looks good.

Question how u finding those razer speakers was looking at those my self and might just get some next year once I get my 3080RTX
Amazing actually.

I previously had like a 5.1 surround sound Logitech Z speakers that were amazing, but just too many wires and speakers. I wanted 2 simple speakers without a bass box and after doing some research, these seemed fine for me.

You can also get some good reviewed BOSE speakers for £10 less, but just bought the Razer ones as I like the look. Definitely worth the money. - I went for the non-RBG though as I honestly don't care about RGB anymore, just performance.

Associate
OP
What sort of CPU temps are you getting at idle and load?

I built a similar PC recently so interested to know the answer.
Idle around 34-35°c at 4.1 GHz all overclocked using the default Asus TPII settings and around 55-57°c at full load.

Cinebench scores:
Single - 1359
Multi - 27233

I believe I can get much better scores though once I do more tweaking. The cooler is also amazing. Best AIO I have ever had.

Associate
Idle around 34-35°c at 4.1 GHz all overclocked using the default Asus TPII settings and around 55-57°c at full load.

Cinebench scores:
Single - 1359
Multi - 27233

I believe I can get much better scores though once I do more tweaking. The cooler is also amazing. Best AIO I have ever had.

I've got the same cooler on a 5800X getting 30-40 at idle but then in 70's at full load. I think I need to re-do my thermal paste.

Associate
OP
UPDATE: Swapping out the RTX 3070 for a 3090 lol. Managed to snag it yesterday from a competitor for only £1,399 ;D was waiting for the 3080 Ti but obviously no January release as I expected.

The final finished set-up: pc part picker.com/list/svbCqp

Associate
OP
that looks brilliant the pile of glossy boxes is giving me the new build tingles I need to hurry up and get mine done ! ha ha

looking forward to unboxing all the boxes ha ha
Haha, how far are you ahead?

I think that's one of the joys of PC building. Receiving all the parts and waiting for that last one to come and planning your week to build it! :D

Back
Top Bottom