High On Life - Rick & Morty-esque FPS - Release 13/12/22

Man of Honour
Comments from reddit on how to turn off the aful chromatic aberration! Works a treat and a sharpen line to bump up the sharpening slightly too. Much better on the eyes.

Before:
CA_on_Oregon-WinGDK-Shipping_2022_12_13_17_06_00_426.jpg

After:
CA_off_Oregon-WinGDK-Shipping_2022_12_13_17_10_10_490.jpg

Open in Notepad Engine.ini from the location: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Oregon\Saved\Config\WinGDK

Add to the end of the :
Code:
[SystemSettings]
r.MotionBlur.Max=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=0
r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
// Shaperning (optional)
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1.2

The motion blur seems to turn off from the settings screen anyway but added to the ini file just for safe measure.

I also lolled when after getting out the house and seeing a traffic warden putting a parking ticket on the house :cry:
Oregon-WinGDK-Shipping_2022_12_13_17_05_07_115.jpg

These levels do look cool on OLED, the colours just pop:
Oregon-WinGDK-Shipping_2022_12_13_16_26_44_769.jpg

It makes me laugh seeing these guys so mug faced :D
Oregon-WinGDK-Shipping_2022_12_13_16_35_19_928.jpg

And a neat little detail I noticed was that when Kenny is in the background (the other gun too) and talks, the sound is muffle dlike as if he's talking from inside a pocket or something. Attention to finer details, I like that:

Oregon-WinGDK-Shipping_2022_12_13_16_57_00_826.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
That's because you have to add it (everything in the code box I posted) to the end:D

I won't be playing beyond the 4 hours or so I have played so far. I need an FOV adjustment because I find it too narrow giving me a bit of dizziness when moving around in a long session. My preferred FOV is around 85-90 in fps games. this feels like 70-75.

Last edited:
Associate
That's because you have to add it (everything in the code box I posted) to the end:D

I won't be playing beyond the 4 hours or so I have played so far. I need an FOV adjustment because I find it too narrow giving me a bit of dizziness when moving around in a long session. My preferred FOV is around 85-90 in fps games. this feels like 70-75.

I should read more, it clearly says add to the end! My bad.

Caporegime
Well just finished and killed 9-torg. Have to say this has been a surprise, going by the reviews and vids on youtube I thought it might end up being a cheese fest but it's actually been quite fun and the dialogue is pretty much Rick and Morty :D

Performance-wise we're looking at very good performance all maxed out. There is no upscaling option, no RT etc here. I did see some stutter as the next section loaded when first entering the big tunnel after negotiating with the foul mouthed door entry talking things lol, look at this frametime graph:

Oregon-WinGDK-Shipping_2022_12_13_01_17_54_220.jpg

I also had one CTD but I suspect this has something to do with my undervolt which I still haven't quite nailed yet so reverted to stock in Afterburner.

The combat is simple but works well, using Knifey feels second nature very quickly and you can swing about like Spiderman and explore which is kinda neat.

Visually it looks like a UE4 game for sure whereas Callisto, also UE4, looks more like UE5, the difference in art style is interesting to see jumping from one game to the other even though they use the same engine. This game appears softer though so I'm assuming it is using UE4's built in Temporal AA which is pretty crap. Which they had the option to turn it off and use FSR2 or DLSS which results in a sharper picture. Or a sharpness slider at least.

I think the CPU usage isn't as well optimised as it could be in many areas though, The total CPU use ranges from like 9% to 35% outdoors but then turning around in teh city outdoors the CPU use drops to 17%...

Outdoor CPU use (typical observation):
Oregon-WinGDK-Shipping_2022_12_13_00_58_54_219.jpg

Indoor CPU usage (typical):
Oregon-WinGDK-Shipping_2022_12_13_00_55_22_923.jpg

Why is the indoor CPU use higher than outdoor?!?! Inconsistent but at least the framerate is pretty consistent with the odd jitter here and there.

Screenshots in the high res thread: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...eenshot-thread.18571685/page-62#post-36077331

I WISH YOU COULD TURN OFF CHROMATIC ABERRATION!!!!
Just giving this a go now, thought there was terrible performance issues as couldn't figure out why my game was running at like 15-20 fps, turns out it was suppose to be like that for the arcade game intro :cry:

Seems your intel cpu and 3080ti is providing a nice boost compared to what I see with a 5800x3d and 3080:

XCedRcF.jpg

Back
Top Bottom