Hiphop fans in here?

The demise of Tim Westwood over the years speaks volumes for the state of Hip Hop in this country.

Since when have you got to speak / dress like a retard pretend you are black to listen/know anything about Hip Hop?

I have been listening to Hip Hop for the last 23 years but rarely listen to "new" stuff. I am also ashamed to be associated with modern "Hip Hop" and the legion of Goons that "follow" it.

P.S.
If any one has any Mike Allens National Fresh recordings please PM me.

rayb74 said:
The demise of Tim Westwood over the years speaks volumes for the state of Hip Hop in this country.

Since when have you got to speak / dress like a retard pretend you are black to listen/know anything about Hip Hop?

I have been listening to Hip Hop for the last 23 years but rarely listen to "new" stuff. I am also ashamed to be associated with modern "Hip Hop" and the legion of Goons that "follow" it.

P.S.
If any one has any Mike Allens National Fresh recordings please PM me.

How do you mean the demise of tim westwood? Westwood has always spoke and dressed like a retard :p

Its my 20th anniversary this year of listening to hip hop, so im presuming your around the same age or maybe a little bit older than me - i think its natural to have more affinity to the music we listened to as youngsters. As i always say though, there is good stuff out there, its just a case of finding it, the last few weeks ive been listening to Strictlin's mixtape, he's master ace's prodigy, raps in a similar style and might be up your street.

InwardSinging said:
How do you mean the demise of tim westwood? Westwood has always spoke and dressed like a retard :p

Its my 20th anniversary this year of listening to hip hop, so im presuming your around the same age or maybe a little bit older than me - i think its natural to have more affinity to the music we listened to as youngsters. As i always say though, there is good stuff out there, its just a case of finding it, the last few weeks ive been listening to Strictlin's mixtape, he's master ace's prodigy, raps in a similar style and might be up your street.

First things first: Hello to a fellow Old Schooller :D
I very rarely listen to any new stuff . Apart from my old school and electro, I have been listening to a lot of motown/soul/disco. Anyways talking of new Hip Hop I think Ultra have released a new album lol !

Did you listen to much UK stuff? Along the lines of Hardnoise, Duke,Blade, Ruthless Rap Assassins, Katch 22,Silver Bullet, Hijack, Son of Noise, Derek B, Einstein, etc? I am also a big Daddy Freddy fan (his ragga-hip hop stuff).

P.S. Master Aces SlaughterHouse is one of my favourite Albums. :cool:

Can someone educate me please as to why it is so fundimental that a rappers lyrics are deep and meaningful; not being funny guys but how many of you can relate to anything these guys say, I cant. I love a bit of hiphop now and then but I listen to what I think is good. I dont start hating artists just because they dont come out with original lyrics. So many people on these forums seem to define themselves by the type of music they listen to and the more obscure and "underground" it is the better. That not just in this thread but it seems to be a forums thing.

Btw usher is good and is not hip hop, he never was and never will be. Sucessful artists are sucessful because they are good as a general rule. They write top beats and good lyrics but to me its the beat thats the most important and the flow of the lyrics, not necessarily whats contained in them. I dont like 50 cent but thats because his music does nothing for me. I do like eminem and dre though because they put together a good songs.

Why is it so personal what hiphop you like. As mentioned cant we make this an appreciation thread rather than "I am more ghetto than you and I only like true hiphop artists and if you dont like it then your basically not a true fan"

chill people

rayb74 said:
First things first: Hello to a fellow Old Schooller :D
I very rarely listen to any new stuff . Apart from my old school and electro, I have been listening to a lot of motown/soul/disco. Anyways talking of new Hip Hop I think Ultra have released a new album lol !

Did you listen to much UK stuff? Along the lines of Hardnoise, Duke,Blade, Ruthless Rap Assassins, Katch 22,Silver Bullet, Hijack, Son of Noise, Derek B, Einstein, etc? I am also a big Daddy Freddy fan (his ragga-hip hop stuff).

P.S. Master Aces SlaughterHouse is one of my favourite Albums. :cool:

I love the UK stuff, ive seen Katch 22 in concert 3 times, Hijack 3 times, Son of Noise once as well as loads of others (force n kgee, black radical, etc).

I sold my vinyl collection on ebay a few years ago, before i got a chance to transfer it all to mp3, ive been trying to track down all these guys on mp3 since. You tube has got a lot of videos though, Gunshot, Son of Noise, Ruthless Rap assassins - its surprising how fresh old school uk hip hop sounds today, especially gunshot.

I was never a derek b fan, bullet from a gun was okay, but a bit too old school for my liking.

You should track down the Master Ace's Rip the Jacker remix's if you havent anyway, Disposable arts was a fantastic album as well, one of the more clever rappers out there with the way he puts things together.

Ive just noticed on wiki that he has a new album out called the Show with his new group Emc, which is wordsworth, Master Ace, Stricklin and Punchline, so im off to try and track that down :)

Ok Inwardsinging.

I have just finished converting what 12`s I had left to MP3. I have also MP3`d all of my tapes and albums and lots of radio shows and the only good thing that Westwood used to broadcast (mixmasters weekends). Feel free to PM me and I will sort you out with any stuff you are having trouble getting hold of, If I have got it.

Talking of Derek B, his album Bullet from a Gun rates as one of my favourites of all time (I know I am one of the VERY FEW who like it). The only downers/worst tracks on the album being Bullet from a Gun and Bad Young Brother. Tracks like Get Down,We Got the Juice, Human Time Bomb, Good Groove and the rest really appeal to me. It reminds me of a good time of Hip Hop when it was just "happy go lucky" with a bit of **** taking thrown in.

Out of interest it would be nice to know what peoples top10 rap albums are, maybe a new thread could be started?

rayb74 said:
Ok Inwardsinging.

I have just finished converting what 12`s I had left to MP3. I have also MP3`d all of my tapes and albums and lots of radio shows and the only good thing that Westwood used to broadcast (mixmasters weekends). Feel free to PM me and I will sort you out with any stuff you are having trouble getting hold of, If I have got it.

Talking of Derek B, his album Bullet from a Gun rates as one of my favourites of all time (I know I am one of the VERY FEW who like it). The only downers/worst tracks on the album being Bullet from a Gun and Bad Young Brother. Tracks like Get Down,We Got the Juice, Human Time Bomb, Good Groove and the rest really appeal to me. It reminds me of a good time of Hip Hop when it was just "happy go lucky" with a bit of **** taking thrown in.

Out of interest it would be nice to know what peoples top10 rap albums are, maybe a new thread could be started?

Ill do that when i get home from the pub tonight :) And thanks :)

pitcl said:
Although it's highly doubtful your any of his biggest fans, but I cannot recommend it enough:

Buck_The_World.jpg
hes not in gunit anymore! hahah

50 cent is beefin with him and kicked him out

Buck the world, is a great album......

Also listen on youtube or wherever "Funeral Music"... its pretty decent, its by 50 cent against Cam'ron... some nice lines in there if you listen ;)

for a second there i thought that was science from big brother lmfao.. it was only until i scrolled further down i noticed it was buck...... god if science got a record deal with a major lable hip-hop would be doomed :p

So who actually can rap then on here ? it would be cool to hear some people spit some bars :D

Last edited:
Business Man said:
for a second there i thought that was science from big brother lmfao.. it was only until i scrolled further down i noticed it was buck...... god if science got a record deal with a major lable hip-hop would be doomed :p

So who actually can rap then on here ? it would be cool to hear some people spit some bars :D

I was in a group (twosome and dj) back in the early 90's called "dem foolz" but we never made it.

Just got NWA Straight out of Compton EP on vinyl this afternoon from a friends dad.

Awesome to listen, even nicer to cut some breaks out of and some vocal lines.

Btw any of you seen "Scratch" ? - A documentary on the proper hip-hip dj culture.

Very good watch.

Back
Top Bottom