Hiphop fans in here?

tomanders91 said:
'Real' Hip hop imo is Dead now, people like 50 cent and that all thinking they are hard producing crap. Early 90's hip hop was imo the best (and late 80's)
NWA (late 80s), Ice Cube and Dr Dre in the Early 90's (the Chronic is imo the best Album EVER) and 2pac and stuff like that.

I replied to a similar point earlier - its far from dead, its just heavily diluted. Theres stuff out now thats every bit as good as the golden era of hip hop.

Anyway - im off to my first concert of the year this week - Plan B at the arches in Glasgow on Friday, he blew the roots off the stage in december, so i cant wait to see him again in a smaller club, it should be excellent.

InwardSinging said:
Why post in the hip hop thread then? :confused:

Because like I said, I like Jay-Z, and older stuff. This new stuff is awful I can deal with it.

A mate has Akon on his phone, wtf. Sounds like a cat being strangled, or Billy Corgan having his balls twisted. And Chingy, er again wtf. Just seems to me that the days of any decent hip-hop are over, with every 'gansta' wannabe man jumping on the bandwagon and producing utter rubbish.

So this isn't a hatred of hip-hop, just the new carp.

S7yl3s said:
Because like I said, I like Jay-Z, and older stuff. This new stuff is awful I can deal with it.

A mate has Akon on his phone, wtf. Sounds like a cat being strangled, or Billy Corgan having his balls twisted. And Chingy, er again wtf. Just seems to me that the days of any decent hip-hop are over, with every 'gansta' wannabe man jumping on the bandwagon and producing utter rubbish.

So this isn't a hatred of hip-hop, just the new carp.

Akon isnt hip hop. It depends what your source of music is, i fully agree that commercial hip hop is terrible these days, however there is a vibrant hardcore underground scene which is every bit as good as the older stuff.

InwardSinging said:
Akon isnt hip hop. It depends what your source of music is, i fully agree that commercial hip hop is terrible these days, however there is a vibrant hardcore underground scene which is every bit as good as the older stuff.

I believe you, I just obvioulsy haven't heard it. I would much prefer to music being performed by a band and sang. Ok Akon isn't hip-hop but he still makes me want to peel my own ears off.

S7yl3s said:
I believe you, I just obvioulsy haven't heard it. I would much prefer to music being performed by a band and sang. Ok Akon isn't hip-hop but he still makes me want to peel my own ears off.

A lot of hip hop now is made with bands, thanks to copyrighting laws. Have you ever listened to the roots? They are a band (i dont think they even have a dj anymore since the cut chemist left), but might be something you would like.

Raze said:
Dont mind Akon on the new Bone thugs tune.

Cant wait for their new album, should be out next month!

:)

Agreed. He's actually half decent on it, probably because he isn't waffling on about how he's a convict.

Also can't wait for their album, definately my favourite/most listened too hip-hop group of all time.

DanTheMan said:
Agreed. He's actually half decent on it, probably because he isn't waffling on about how he's a convict.

Also can't wait for their album, definately my favourite/most listened too hip-hop group of all time.

BTH are definetly not hip hop mate, they were grouped in with hip hop because Eazy E produced them at first, id say they are R&B.

They're definately not RnB but I can see where you're coming from. Just because they harmonize their vocals, doesn't mean that they aren't rapping though.

They have a gospel sound to them but I'd still say they're hip hop.

DanTheMan said:
They're definately not RnB but I can see where you're coming from. Just because they harmonize their vocals, doesn't mean that they aren't rapping though.

They have a gospel sound to them but I'd still say they're hip hop.

R&B rap their vocals too though, they are a strange hybrid thats for sure, i cant let them in the hip hop category though, sorry ;)

Back
Top Bottom