Hiphop fans in here?

Bone thugs not hip hop!!!!??? :eek: pah, a hell of a lot more hip hop than most...

Buy anyway i managed to pick up a copy of Meths and Reds Blackout album today!

Whats everyones opinion on this album?

Just listening now! :D

I dont think hip-hop will ever die, but it is in a sorry state,

Most people might say, 50 cent sucks, Jay-Z is good, only because Jay-Z is marketed with the image of being "Real" when he was supposed to be retired, but comes back and puts out a very poor album that does not in any way compare to his proceders, simply to make a lot more money than he already has. Just like Eminem, he was very talented, he did something new and original, now hes not much more than a joke.

50 Cent is marketed to be a Gangsta, he is perfect for that role, weather its real or he is just a character the point stays the same.
From Queens? Check
Grew up in the 70's/80's? Check
Fully Black? Check
Big body Mass? Check
Good looks? Check
Been shot? Check
Been in Gangs? Check
Been in Jail? Check
Total Badass? Check

But in truth he is no different from Nas or Pac, simply because its up to the companies how to market them, what image to give them, they make 50 Cent appeall to people who just simply want a "Badass" eg; most americans, they are all over that, a true hip-hop fan will tend to stay away from him, and listen to Nas or the like,something "Real" but all the companies are out to make money, so are the rappers, it dosent matter what image they have because the reason for their image is the same, to make money, its just the surface that is different, inside its the same.

I personally see hip-hop becoming less and less popular in the comming years, its already starting to happen. imo Reggaeton will be the next big thing, not many have heard of it yet, but in a few years im sure everyone will have heard of it, because people want something new and 'fresh'

Are you crazy? Im sorry but 50 has NO good looks whatsoever....in the words of a famous rapper who dissed him - "50's buck teeth looks like a cadillac grill"....He looks nothing short of a gorilla.

Reagaeton is big in the state sides and those negihbouring country but i doubt it would be the next big thing.....since hiphop came onto the scene, not much has actually been bigger than it. There is too much going for hiphop for it to become less popular perhaps you and i are growing up hence why we think so but i guess the younger ones will be there to lap it all up...

Last edited:
ElRazur said:
You know i dont know much artist that fall into that category...I can only think of two - Nate dogg (pavorotti of hiphop :cool: ) and Akon...I wonder if there is any i left out. :p

Lets all be thankful of that :)

I bought a fantastic album last week, DJ Kid Koala - Your moms favorite DJ, well worth a listen if you like listening to DJ's do their thing.

well dunno where to begin started collecting hiphop/rap 21 years ago in my opion most new stuff is sheet .i think best period is late 80s til about 94 when you had either best artists just rising up or just finishing. wu tang early stuff some of most fav tracks but also like pac biggie mantronix roots and think most fav is ol d bstard brooklyn zoo is one of best albums ever made. only albums i buy now are mixtapes thats where the real stuff is at.

wizard91 said:
I personally see hip-hop becoming less and less popular in the comming years, its already starting to happen. imo Reggaeton will be the next big thing, not many have heard of it yet, but in a few years im sure everyone will have heard of it, because people want something new and 'fresh'

Hip-hop has been dieing for the last 20 years according to some people, can't say i've noticed it getting any "weaker". Just need to know where to look. ;)

Spunj99 said:
Hip-hop has been dieing for the last 20 years according to some people, can't say i've noticed it getting any "weaker". Just need to know where to look. ;)

Quoted for the truth. I got some fabulous mixcd's today, DJ Premier mixtape of James Brown is fantastic and well worth getting.

Spunj99 said:

True, there is still great stuff out there guys, just more junk to wade through to find it.

ElRazur said:
Was the home office right to pull the visa from snoop?

Yeh, his music is poor these days - on that basis they were right :)

In other news, I was gutted to find out DJ Premier had pulled out of his glasgow gig, however he has been replaced by Pete Rock, so its not a bad replacement :D

^^ We have let in murderers and rapist....and those who just come here to sit on the dole and suck the life out of the NHS. Surely, Snoop wont do none if those and he aint a threat to anyone.

DJ premier rocks but i dont know much about Pete Rock. Doeshe play hiphop or something else?

ElRazur said:
The Doctor's advocate a mini review.
Even though I'm not a big fan of Game, I've got both albums - The Documentary and The Doctor's Advocate. Yet I feel The Documentary is miles ahead of The Doctor's Advocate - maybe this is because of the influence of 50 and Dr. Dre I don't know, but I'm still listening to The Documentary where as I haven't listened to The Doctor's Advocate for a good few months.

ElRazur said:
DJ premier rocks but i dont know much about Pete Rock.

:eek:

Pete Rock is a legendary figure in hip hop Raz.

Half of Pete Rock and CL Smooth - super producer extrordinaire - he did the public enemy shut em down remix - brand nubians slow down remix - and a ton of others.

His brother was Trouble T Roy, part of heavy d and the boyz who was murdered.

If you put the top 10 hip hop heavyweights, he would be sitting there just below DJ premier in scale and stature.

Although it's highly doubtful your any of his biggest fans, but I cannot recommend it enough:

Buck_The_World.jpg

Back
Top Bottom