***Hogwarts Legacy - RPG***

Man of Honour
Aaand you can't strafe on keyboard and mouse :facepalm: (unless I've missed something) - character turns to the direction and then moves... FFS... I can see I won't be enjoying this one.

1080p DLSS Quality runs around 100FPS with Ultra settings for me though on the 3070 mobile, so far stays above 60 I think in the larger areas but not played much.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Graphically seems excellent so far from the short time I've been playing it - sadly I'm struggling to enjoy it with the controls though - despite numerous options and having thought of a lot of things like disability settings, etc. the basic bread and butter mechanics have not been adapted well for PC at all.

Associate
Graphically seems excellent so far from the short time I've been playing it - sadly I'm struggling to enjoy it with the controls though - despite numerous options and having thought of a lot of things like disability settings, etc. the basic bread and butter mechanics have not been adapted well for PC at all.
So recommendation is Game pad then? uh.. I hope I can get it working to an acceptable level on mouse/keyboard. As long as I can invert the ole Y-Axis (yeah Im one of those wierdos) Im normally happy! :D

Man of Honour
Playing it fine on m&k but then I'm used exclusively to m&k.

Running Ultra in 1440, RT on, DLSS on, on a 3060ti and getting a comfortable 70-85 fps so far. So performance seems fine so far.

Does bug me though that the only options are windowed fullscreen and windowed. I like exclusive fullscreen so pity to not see that option.

Man of Honour
So recommendation is Game pad then? uh.. I hope I can get it working to an acceptable level on mouse/keyboard. As long as I can invert the ole Y-Axis (yeah Im one of those wierdos) Im normally happy! :D

Has all kinds of options for inverting axis, etc. they seem to have put a lot of thought into that. But movement is very consolised and the key binding sprawl on PC is a joke and just not acceptable in this day and age when so many games have shown how to do it right. (EDIT: I don't mind it being there as an option as everyone has a different approach to their setup for gaming and some like things more specific to keys than others - but 9/10ths of it could be reduced down with context awareness so similar actions don't need 12 different keys...)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Has all kinds of options for inverting axis, etc. they seem to have put a lot of thought into that. But movement is very consolised and the key binding sprawl on PC is a joke and just not acceptable in this day and age when so many games have shown how to do it right.
Yup, I bet Mack from Worthabuy is going to really slam the game for its consolisms

Associate
Was hoping to get an hour or so in tonight but still won't work. Have to leave it until tomorrow and hope they fixed it. "Working" from home so should hopefully give it a go in the morning.

Edit : and as I say that its started updating

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Will say this...not sure what it is but the game is giving me a terrible headache. Been playing for an hour or so and I'm feeling quite nauseous

Man of Honour
Will say this...not sure what it is but the game is giving me a terrible headache. Been playing for an hour or so and I'm feeling quite nauseous

Quite a few settings can make it a bit blurry/fuzzy and the movement, etc. isn't well suited to a PC screen in that respect vs sitting well back on a large screen + controller.

Have to say, despite the game auto-detection medium settings, so far it has played very smoothly with ultra settings though playing at 1080p probably helps - may not hold up so well when I connect it to my gaming monitor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom