Holidays 2022

Soldato
I’d say the cost of the water taxi is prohibitive, let alone the cost of a hotel with a mooring! Nice idea though.

I wanted to go to Greece, but she won and we’re going to Italy. Wish I researched hotel prices first, it’s insane how expensive it is. I then looked at Greece, cheap as chips. Bah.

In that case, definitely make use of the “water bus” and take her to Murano (nice and quiet) and have a couple of cold drinks :cool:

That will not be expensive and you’ll have a nice break from the thousands of cruise ship tourists.

eta: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murano

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Anyone booked any villas or Airbnb in the caribbean instead of hotels / resorts they could recommend? dont fancy driving so might limit me Antigua for instance seems abit hard without hiring a car.

Soldato
Currently single again and none of my close friends like travelling. So I might just **** off to Europe for a couple of short breaks by me sen and see what happens.

Soldato
Just under 3 weeks to my (twice postponed) holiday in mallorca. I can't wait.

Also, going on a chaps' excursion to Madrid in September, with a couple of days in Avila. Sadly, I seem to be the responsible adult for thus one.

Soldato
OP
Who are people going with for travel insurance these days? ive always gone with Post Office but my friend is having a nightmare with a claim at the moment.

Edit:

Off to Warsaw in a few weeks time my first time in Poland any my 24th country visited.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Who are people going with for travel insurance these days? ive always gone with Post Office but my friend is having a nightmare with a claim at the moment.

Edit:

Off to Warsaw in a few weeks time my first time in Poland any my 24th country visited.
I was looking to renew my travel insurance for a trip to Asia where I currently am for 4 weeks for ages and could not decide who.. even the best rated ones have loads of negative reviews for claims, like every other provider it seems.

In the end just upgraded a NatWest account to one with worldwide travel insurance for £20/m. When I'm back in a few weeks will just downgrade it back to the £10/m one for the phone insurance and European travel cover. Don't know why I never thought of this before. So much cheaper than paying £100+ just for a single trip cover, or even annual.

Soldato
Going to mainland Spain on a touring holiday in Sept. Flight is 6:40am from Manchester, 100 miles away. Do I book a hotel in the airport or get my dad to drive me at 2am? Unsure of the security situation at flights at that time.

Soldato
Recently been to Lanzarote. LBA at 4am was jam packed with massive queues. Even fast track took ages.
Covid-wise things are relaxed. Taxis and pharmacies require face masks. Only one other shop required a mask here.
We tried the "Super Pedestrian" scooters round here which are about 20% more expensive than a taxi and don't feel safe on some of the lower-quality roads here.

Will be keeping an eye on this thread if any good deals or tips are to be expected.

I can't find anywhere I can filter by airport AND airline before choosing destination. Would love to fly with anyone but Ryanair from Newcastle - is that too much to ask?

Caporegime
Can't wait.

02/06 - 05/06 - Aberystwyth, Wales
-mini break to try and find what it might be like to live around there.
25/06-28/06 - Madrid, Spain
-to see a friend for a few days

And big one
29/07 - 05/08 Lofoten, Norway (artic circle)
- kayaking and wild camping.

Planning on a trip to possibly Morocco too later on.

Soon booking cuba to do more Kayaking, but that's Feb 2023

Soldato
Any good tips for breaking up a trip from Calais to Gien?

On the way down I am stopping by Disney Land Paris. On the way back up I need somewhere about half way again. Riems is coming up as an option - anything better?

Associate
Think I'll be booking a static caravan on a park somewhere in Devon/Cornwall this year; seems the most stress free /cheapest option. Can anyone recommend anywhere specific? Kids aged 0 & 2. Need swimming pool and beach with stones on.

Soldato
Think I'll be booking a static caravan on a park somewhere in Devon/Cornwall this year; seems the most stress free /cheapest option. Can anyone recommend anywhere specific? Kids aged 0 & 2. Need swimming pool and beach with stones on.
At that age I'd be doing Cotswold Water Park/Hoburne. The indoor pool is great. There is soft play, a shop on site, crazy golf, fishing, pedalos - and you won't kill each other on the 7 hour drive lol.

Back
Top Bottom