Homefront: The Revolution is highly underrated (and now 10 quid incl. DLC)

Associate
I bought it under recommendation from elsewhere and have not regretted once. Hours of solid gameplay.
Still fairly weak stealth action, it pretty much ends up being and gunfight which just keeps escalating so you have to run and hide a lot.
The 'puzzles' to get into certain action points are fun. Bit of platforming needed.

Associate
Think I might have just found the best easter egg in a game lol TimeSplitters 2 two full levels can be played... Loads of fun
They sure dont make games like that anymore
Wow! Between the beautiful screenshots, Timesplitters2 Easter egg and the fact I loved the 1st Homefront (yes, I was that guy..) i feel that this is a must buy now

Soldato
Edit
Steam review

Such a shame this game had a very bad launch, I wanted this game on release but with all the negative feedback it got I give it a miss. Couple years gone by I forgotten about this game till I seen on sale for £10 with all the DLC

The game is excellent

+Excellent Graphics

+Voice acting and face animations

+Level design

+Audio

+decent amount of things to do without it becoming annoying

+performance this was one of the reasons I didnt buy on release, happy to report here performance on my system was decent enough 1440p max settings I avg around 50fps

i7 3770k @4.2 AMD R9 290 @1005/1250 16GB DDR3 1866

-achievements glitches got a couple of them "This is our town, Nork" This one for example! I captured all them yet the progress says 67/69

-couple crash to desktop this was only couple times

8/10

And the DLC so far is even better than the standalone game.. That first DLC mission Wow!!!

Caporegime
Completed the main game yesterday, great fun! Very much like far cry but a lot better imo, at least compared to FC 4 anyway!

I never get why some game developers make your character a mute, does nothing for me other than ruin the immersion.

Soldato
OP
Completed the main game yesterday, great fun! Very much like far cry but a lot better imo, at least compared to FC 4 anyway!

I never get why some game developers make your character a mute, does nothing for me other than ruin the immersion.

Yeah, silent protagonists suck. At least in DLC Ethan speaks though.

Now I am playing Prey and Morgan Yu is also quiet :/ My only gripe with the (otherwise fantastic) game. Although he speaks on recordings and such, which kinda makes it even stranger.

Back
Top Bottom