Homemade rocket man is about to prove the earth is flat...

Soldato
Surely a "flat" earth would still have curvature of seas? The gravitational pull will still be towards the centre of mass, so on a disc-shaped object that would be more of a linear pull around the edges rather than perpendicular to the ground like in a sphere. That would mean water would be more concentrated around the centrepoint and have some curvature to it's surface creating a horizon.

Gravity is part of the con. They have thoroughly cherry-picked which parts of science they wish to believe in. Honestly, if you have a question then they have a way around it.

As I said before, you cannot apply logic to this situation.

I don't understand what he's actually trying to achieve in his rocket. Anyone know? If he's going up just to have a look at how round the earth is, great - it's round. If not, I don't get it...

Last edited:
Associate
felix-baumgartner-standing-in-his-capsule-about-to-dive.jpg

why doesnt he use a balloon..he could call felix baumgartner (whos own videos from his capsule show the curvature of the earth)

The earth is a flat disc, hence the curved edge...

Caporegime
but it'd need to be constantly accellerating upwards.

quick envelope calculation:
gravity~ 9.81m/s
age of earth ~4.54x10^9 years

so, there's 60*60*24*365.25 seconds per year = 31,557,600 seconds per year

which means over the age of the earth there's been 1.4*10^18 seconds

so, starting from 0m/s (from whatever reference point you like) we're currently doing about 1.4*10^19 m/s

or roughly 4.6 billion times the speed of light.

umm yeah, physics don't work like that....

i guess the only way it could work is if the earth was travelling around a circle to give a centrifugal accelleration but that then begs the really obvious question is what the hell is swinging us around on a magical invisible string.

I never said it was logical !

Soldato
The thread here got removed in the end but google "turbotoaster elise of fail" and it should come up with a Barryboys link. Can't link here as their thread contains swearies ... lots of them.

You see the latest video (I think it's the latest) where he's on track and the monstrosity catches fire - again? The dejected delivery of the "Oh no, not again" line as fire once again tries to remove the aberration from history is classic. :D

Soldato
Take them to the coast, put them on a boat and set to sail it away from shore. Tell them to keep looking back at the land as it disappears over the horizon. Now you've taught a flat earther that the earth is spherical and simultaneously set them adrift at sea. Win-win

Caporegime
but it'd need to be constantly accellerating upwards.

quick envelope calculation:
gravity~ 9.81m/s
age of earth ~4.54x10^9 years

so, there's 60*60*24*365.25 seconds per year = 31,557,600 seconds per year

which means over the age of the earth there's been 1.4*10^18 seconds

so, starting from 0m/s (from whatever reference point you like) we're currently doing about 1.4*10^19 m/s

or roughly 4.6 billion times the speed of light.

umm yeah, physics don't work like that....

i guess the only way it could work is if the earth was travelling around a circle to give a centrifugal accelleration but that then begs the really obvious question is what the hell is swinging us around on a magical invisible string.

The idea is more like a rotation so centripetal force causes a gravitational-like effect, much like the space ship in 2001

Doesn't change how wacky it is though

Caporegime
Take them to the coast, put them on a boat and set to sail it away from shore. Tell them to keep looking back at the land as it disappears over the horizon. Now you've taught a flat earther that the earth is spherical and simultaneously set them adrift at sea. Win-win

I figured whilst it is 'flat', it's out like a sheet of mdf, it still has a dome like covering where there is a 'horizon' per se

Either way, it's always 'you should be proving me wrong, not me proving I'm right' in their arguments

Soldato
The idea is more like a rotation so centripetal force causes a gravitational-like effect, much like the space ship in 2001

Doesn't change how wacky it is though

yeah, that's what i'm meaning in the last bit of my post- what are we spinning around and if gravity isn't real what's attaching us to it?

Back
Top Bottom