Homemade rocket man is about to prove the earth is flat...

Soldato
How do flat earthers explain the midnight sun? Timezones, the fact it's dark in one location and light somewhere else? ******* retards.

the sun orbits around us but the speed of light is slower in our atmosphere, so when the sun rises the light takes longer to reach one side than the other hence giving the effect of time zones.

this is not from terry pratchett, no sir not at all

Caporegime
Flat earthers are dumb, this guy is a genius. This is a guy who, like amateur rocket enthusiasts built bigger and bigger rockets then decided he wanted to go in them. He wants to do a flight, he couldn't get any support for funding and can't afford it himself. He's all of a sudden a flat earther, goes on a flat earther show, says he agrees with them and gets thousands in support to shoot himself off in a rocket.

For 'proving' the earth is flat a 1800 feet high rocket is terrible, you can shoot up a tiny rocket to 20 times that height at minimal cost with a camera, it's done all the time. You can see the curve of the earth from a plane flight at 30k feet with ease. This simply comes across as a guy who is a bit of a daredevil and loves rockets and found an easily exploitable bunch of idiots to fund his next project.

Associate
...but others are just pure stoner gold, the ones that use globe and model aeroplane to explain to you that "if the earth was round, planes would have to constantly adjust direction of the flight downwards and at some point would end up upside down anyway", that kind of thing...
There's a video on YouTube with a guy trying to explain his reasoning on that. Just when you think he's hit 100% in stupidity he activates some kind of power-up and goes off the chart.

Found it:
*Viewer discretion advised - video contains jaw-dropping levels of ignorance that could cause you to exclaim "wtf!" so many times you might end up with a sore throat.

Soldato
^gonna watch the full thing later, but the first 5 minutes it's impressive how well spoken he is, and scary how he's plainly accepting some scientific concepts whilst outright denying the fundamentals.

the current thing that's in my mind is what's the flat earth answer to space travel, and more importantly how both russia and america both produced evidence of a round earth (because y'know, you take a photo of the earth from space and it's round) when both countries would love nothing more than to take out the other's credibility by pointing out they were lying by proving the earth was flat?

Soldato
This guy isn't even gaining enough altitude to see the curvature of the earth. Don't you need to be at about 50000 feet to clearly see it?

He could have paid for a flight to the edge of space in a MIG-29 Fulcrum instead.

Last edited:

FTM

FTM

Soldato
^gonna watch the full thing later, but the first 5 minutes it's impressive how well spoken he is, and scary how he's plainly accepting some scientific concepts whilst outright denying the fundamentals.

the current thing that's in my mind is what's the flat earth answer to space travel, and more importantly how both russia and america both produced evidence of a round earth (because y'know, you take a photo of the earth from space and it's round) when both countries would love nothing more than to take out the other's credibility by pointing out they were lying by proving the earth was flat?

in conspiracy nuts minds..they are all in on it together

its the same with the moon landings

the russians would love to discredit it, if it was fake....but they never have

cos is its ALL ONE BIG CONSPIRACY...

Man of Honour
37878881444_54c95d016a_h.jpg

Flat as a football. Why is this theory even a point of discussion any more?

Soldato
in conspiracy nuts minds..they are all in on it together

its the same with the moon landings

the russians would love to discredit it, if it was fake....but they never have

cos is its ALL ONE BIG CONSPIRACY...

Ahh yes, one big conspiracy that's missing 2 of the fundamental components for it to be true-
1. Motivation- why are they doing it? Whats to gain by telling us the earth is round when really its flat
2. How, if the governments of pretty much every nation on earth are "in" has there not been a leak?

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Ahh yes, one big conspiracy that's missing 2 of the fundamental components for it to be true-
1. Motivation- why are they doing it? Whats to gain by telling us the earth is round when really its flat
2. How, if the governments of pretty much every nation on earth are "in" has there not been a leak?

again you are making the fundamental mistake of looking at it logically..everything you say is correct..but we are not dealing with rational or logical people, so no matter what you say or point out the flaws in their arguements, they will always be righ

Soldato
again you are making the fundamental mistake of looking at it logically..everything you say is correct..but we are not dealing with rational or logical people, so no matter what you say or point out the flaws in their arguements, they will always be righ

I just wanna know what their answer is tbh, they're all big talk about questioning what we know which is fine but you gotta be prepared to be questioned yourself

FTM

FTM

Soldato
some conspiracy theorists have theorized that flat earth thinking is promoted by 'the people in charge' to make conspiracy theorists look like crazy lunatics as its such an outlandish and stupid theory ,anybody who actually believes it cant possibly be a normal person

Soldato
Sheeple, Sheeple everywhere! Spherical Earth theory is all a conspiracy designed to support globe sales. Before the establishment started pushing their spherical agenda do you know how many globes were sold per year? Neither do I, but I do know it was definitely literally none. Now look at today! Big Globa is taking over the world man!

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Sheeple, Sheeple everywhere! Spherical Earth theory is all a conspiracy designed to support globe sales. Before the establishment started pushing their spherical agenda do you know how many globes were sold per year? Neither do I, but I do know it was definitely literally none. Now look at today! Big Globa is taking over the world man!

so why is the ordanance survey not fighting them...they could be pushing their flat earth maps and taking over the world

perhaps they do... a secret war like templars and assassins.....The OS versus Big Globa...a perpetual struggle between map makers and globists!!

Soldato
so why is the ordanance survey not fighting them...they could be pushing their flat earth maps and taking over the world

perhaps they do... a secret war like templars and assassins.....The OS versus Big Globa...a perpetual struggle between map makers and globists!!

OS are the only guys willing to speak the TRUTH, it's not just the globists trying to control the agenda, the AA and RAC routinely sell atlases printing flagrant lies and fake topographical data. I went down to Devon, according to the AA Atlas for 1987 there should be a page number just East of Torquay, when I got there what did I find? Nothing, what, they thought I wouldn't notice that a number 46 the size of an international airport had just disappeared from the landscape? Open your eyes!

Soldato

/pedantic correction on

Ordnance

/pedantic correction off :p

The clues in the name, it originated for military logistical purposes mapping Scotland after the Jacobites rebelled in 1745 and then was extended to the rest of the British Isles when Napoleon's invasion was expected. ;)

Back
Top Bottom