Homeworld 3 - Released 13th May 2024 (early access 10th May)

How are people finding this game?
Homeworld was the second game I ever bought, the first being &C tiberium sun, and i can still remember the first time I did the camera tutorial and staring at the screen with my mouth hanging open in amazement! Since then, I've been a diehard fan of the homeworld seris of games, all of them for PC that is, not the mobile versions. So to say I was looking forwards to this releasing would be an understatement, imagine my disappointment when i actually started playing the thing! First off, I'm 70yo this year so my gaming abilities are tailing off dramatically, so strategies and tactics and micro managing can get a bit confusing for me, but I do like a good/great storyline that this game's predecessor's all had. Also, great set pieces, in all the previous games that required you to think about the situation and work out the best option.

This game has NONE of the above! Maps are too small, the space debris that you play amongst gets in the way half the time, the cutscenes are extremly annoying, the levels that I've played so far are so easy to do ridiculous (no thought or tactics required essentially), the music is annoying and seems a rip off of the Homeworld 2 with it's eastern conotations, ie: no originallity but the biggest issue I have its so easy to play a level without having to put much thought into the level its become.....BORING and doesn't hold my imagination and I'm an old git that is still enthralled by the original's storyline, gameplay, voice action, grapphics, etc. I've got to the ice level atm and to be quite honest, I'm bored to death with this game and I can't be bothered with it any further so I'll give it a rest and carry on playing Company of heroes, europe at war!

I was interested, tried the demo but it's not what I wanted at all. The huge mega structures you navigate though completely destroy any idea that your mothership has any scale, it makes the maps feel small and restrictive. Not hearing good things from people that have bought the game. Disappointing.

Homeworld was the second game I ever bought, the first being &C tiberium sun, and i can still remember the first time I did the camera tutorial and staring at the screen with my mouth hanging open in amazement! Since then, I've been a diehard fan of the homeworld seris of games, all of them for PC that is, not the mobile versions. So to say I was looking forwards to this releasing would be an understatement, imagine my disappointment when i actually started playing the thing! First off, I'm 70yo this year so my gaming abilities are tailing off dramatically, so strategies and tactics and micro managing can get a bit confusing for me, but I do like a good/great storyline that this game's predecessor's all had. Also, great set pieces, in all the previous games that required you to think about the situation and work out the best option.

This game has NONE of the above! Maps are too small, the space debris that you play amongst gets in the way half the time, the cutscenes are extremly annoying, the levels that I've played so far are so easy to do ridiculous (no thought or tactics required essentially), the music is annoying and seems a rip off of the Homeworld 2 with it's eastern conotations, ie: no originallity but the biggest issue I have its so easy to play a level without having to put much thought into the level its become.....BORING and doesn't hold my imagination and I'm an old git that is still enthralled by the original's storyline, gameplay, voice action, grapphics, etc. I've got to the ice level atm and to be quite honest, I'm bored to death with this game and I can't be bothered with it any further so I'll give it a rest and carry on playing Company of heroes, europe at war!
That's a damn shame, I'm similar to you in that regard, one of the earlier games I purchased when I switched from console to PC many moons ago and I still remember playing this for the first time and being blown away, I've been keeping me aye on this thread before buying but I'll give this a miss I think and keep the good memories instead, what a shame.

Tried hw3, not great...time to fire up home world 2 , any one recommended some good mods ?

Last edited:
Im going to persevere with HW 3, once I am done might visit previous ones having never played them. Its given me the bug again for more than just mindless BF2042

Back
Top Bottom