Honesty

Associate
I would point out the error.
Depending on the Restaurant, your server may end up having to pay the shortfall out of their own ages (rightly or wrongly).
I would feel bad that this person would lose some of their pay.

Soldato
OP, I think you would enjoy the cheap evening out :p

I however would ask for a correct bill as theres nothing more embarrassing then being stopped on the way out to cough up another £15 or so as you've not paid for drinks. It might be their fault for not including them on the bill but its also your own for not questioning their mistake in favour of personal gain.

Soldato
Are you lot going soft? Pay the bill you're given, anyone would do the same. Every little saving helps!

If they could get away with it, they'd no doubt rip you off at every turn.

Soldato
I wouldn't notice, in the same way I wouldn't notice if I'd been overcharged :o. Maybe I should start checking :s.

Do what the loudmouth ladies do. Stand at till points after their sale has been processed and check every receipt and item price. Usually causing havoc and demanding refunds if something is a mere pence over the indicated price or if they've stupidly misread a two for one offer!

/rant :p

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
When I was in Madrid last summer for work, few of us went out to a bar for some Sangria...had about 2 pitchers worth...but when the bill came they only charged us for 2 glasses instead...didn't say anything and just paid the cheaper bill. :)

Also very close by to the bar, on the same road in fact, I went into a supermarket, and paid for some items with a 10 euro note. I received the change back, which I was expecting to be a 5 euro note and a few coins. In all honestly I didn't even check the change until I was already walking back to the hotel...had €45+ in my pocket lol.. the guy must have thought I gave him a €50 note...

While normally I would give it back, eg last week I bought a flapjack in a corner shop and was given 50p extra change, I went back and returned it, I was abroad and figured I would never be in this same area again for a loooong while! Also paid for my Real Madrid match ticket :D

Soldato
OP
OP, I think you would enjoy the cheap evening out :p

I however would ask for a correct bill as theres nothing more embarrassing then being stopped on the way out to cough up another £15 or so as you've not paid for drinks. It might be their fault for not including them on the bill but its also your own for not questioning their mistake in favour of personal gain.

I did but I tipped better :p

Soldato
Also very close by to the bar, on the same road in fact, I went into a supermarket, and paid for some items with a 10 euro note. I received the change back, which I was expecting to be a 5 euro note and a few coins. In all honestly I didn't even check the change until I was already walking back to the hotel...had €45+ in my pocket lol.. the guy must have thought I gave him a €50 note...

The supermarket worker probably got paid off for suspected thievery and now can't afford to feed his/her family.

Well done :p

Soldato
OP
When I was in Madrid last summer for work, few of us went out to a bar for some Sangria...had about 2 pitchers worth...but when the bill came they only charged us for 2 glasses instead...didn't say anything and just paid the cheaper bill. :)

While normally I would give it back, eg last week I bought a flapjack in a corner shop and was given 50p extra change, I went back and returned it, I was abroad and figured I would never be in this same area again for a loooong while! Also paid for my Real Madrid match ticket :D

It's funny because I tend to pick and choose with honesty like this.

In McDonald's if I get too much change screw em.

In my local pub or shop I would tell them, especially the local shop as he always lets 5p slide to save me breaking a note and clearing him out of change ;)

Associate
It would depend where I was. Large chain etc I wouldn't question it. Local family owned restaurant or similar, I'd get it checked.

Associate
IMO you'd say if you were overcharged, so equally you should say if they missed some things out. But then again, you have to be honest to do that.

Back
Top Bottom