Honesty

Associate
The Pink Turban is not bad (just up the road from my house) Artisan in Wishaw is really good.

I actually went to that mexican place next to the cinema in Hamilton last week, was terrible we complained and only had to pay for one round of drinks. It took an hour and a half for the starter to come and we ended up missing the movie.

Soldato
I've not heard good things about that... and the chain restaurant there I'd avoid too, I'd also avoid the one on the corner opposite the Palace. I'd recommend Peter's, or Andiamo's or the Bombay Cottage, but they're all a bit of a walk from the Vue.

Soldato
The reason I go to a restaurant and pay silly prices is so I don't have to do any work! I probably wouldn't notice anything added/subtracted from te bill.

If I did notice I would get it corrected, but it'd depend on the place. Eg, if it was a chain I'd just leave the rest as a tip but if it was a small place then id query it.

In my eyes, the two reasons to be honest are;

You have a clear conscious and it's "the right thing to do"
If you were overcharged then you'd still kick up a fuss

Also, most of th time I've noticed, the waitress told me not to worry about it :D

Caporegime
If you're in a restaurant and they bring you the bill and it's a fair bit cheaper than you expect it to be (say £10/20). What do you do?

Do you ask them to clarify the costs as you think you've been undercharged? (it may be that you haven't after all)

Do you say nothing and pay up and leave?

Do you put the money you think it's should be and think they might correct it?
and if they don't correct it. Do you leave the money as a tip or keep it?

Had this happen three times in the last two years or so and every time we were undercharged. We then paid the proper amount.

Permabanned
It really depends. If I didn't notice it til I was gone, then that would be that I'm afraid.

I guess if it was a big amount and I thought it would mean someones job, or even someone getting a *******ing, then I would return it.

Back
Top Bottom