Honesty

Soldato
The pathetic thing is I bet the majority of the dishonest people that would say nothing would be the first to kick up a fuss and make a big song and dance if the error was the other way!!
Luckily my parents bought me up to be honest and I'd make them aware of the under-charging error :)

Mat

Mat

Soldato
The pathetic thing is I bet the majority of the dishonest people that would say nothing would be the first to kick up a fuss and make a big song and dance if the error was the other way!!
Luckily my parents bought me up to be honest and I'd make them aware of the under-charging error :)

Wow... that a real holier than thou attitude you have there... I bet you've never put a foot wrong in your entire life have you?!

Associate
We had a bottle of wine left off our bill once.. I was in the frame of mind to pay what was on the bill, but the girlfriend convinced me otherwise.

We got some free shots of limoncello and I guess I enjoyed a clear conscience.. :)

Associate
I prefer to cook at home rather than pay some jumped up **** to do it and charge me 10x what the meal is worth.

Then again, I work as a chef so I rely on mugs like that to pay my wages... ;)

There's a local carvery/restaurant/pub in my area which is £4 per person for a carvery, and you can go back up for more. When you factor in the costs of all of purchasing a chicken (or something else), and all the other 'necessities' i.e. vegetables, it's probably cheaper, and a lot less of a hassle to simply go to the restaurant than have a home cooked meal.

Soldato
The thought of getting something for free/at a reduced price is appealing but i would correct them and have a clean conscience as if i did not then it would surely come back to bite me on the backside :)

Soldato

Not so "C.R.A.Z.Y" after all!!

Soldato
I quite often get over-charged by a few pounds. It's really a good idea to check your bill because this happens to me a lot. I never make a fuss out of being overcharged though: just get it corrected and leave a tip as normal. It does irritate me though because given the amount of times it's happened (about 50% these days) and the fact it's never in my favour, I have to wonder if it's an honest mistake or not.

If I do get undercharged and it's by a few quid, I'll tend to take the discount but leave it in the tip. If the mistake is more than say, £5, I'd probably judge it from case to case. Factors such as service, food quality, atmosphere and the type of business (independent, family owned, chain?) would all come into play on my conscience. I'd probably have no problem taking a £10 discount at pizza express or nandos, whereas my I'd be honest at my local italian.

Soldato
I enjoyed a clear conscience.. :)

Something that's very under rated. It's very pleasant to not have any worries or guilt that something is going to catch up on you. I used to live stupidly, spend my money stupidly, I still get strange dreams where I'm trying to escape events that I've let go wrong.. but when I wake up with things the way they are now I don't have many worries and it makes for a much more pleasant life.

Back
Top Bottom