** Official Horizon: Forbidden West Complete Edition Thread **

Caporegime
100% agree the back story of zero dawn was really good and the main story was average at best. Probably why I didn't like forbidden west as much.
Yes, this is true. With ZD you were basically being told two stories at once. The present day, and the distant past. And the very first playable section is a teaser for that distant past, and is instrumental in building interest for the rest of the game.

FW isn't able to do the same, so we mostly have just the present day story. And it's a lot less interesting, as you say.

But also FW's plot and writing is just generally terrible (sorry to keep on).

Man of Honour
I need to give HZD another crack of the whip before Forbidden West comes out, I've got 22 hours in HZD but each time I give it a run I get bored at around the 7-8 hour mark and end up stopping.

Caporegime
I loved it. So much so I did everything on the map. That's why I think I will enjoy Forbidden West more than some say they did.
So did I... except the DLC which was bloody hard and I was burned out by then.

I really enjoyed HZD and did everything I could. Almost nothing bad to say about it.

FW is... not in the same league :( I'm really sorry!

Soldato
So did I... except the DLC which was bloody hard and I was burned out by then.

I really enjoyed HZD and did everything I could. Almost nothing bad to say about it.

FW is... not in the same league :( I'm really sorry!

I think I did the DLC out of order, about lvl 13 iirc, which made it... Interesting :p

Caporegime
I think I did the DLC out of order, about lvl 13 iirc, which made it... Interesting :p
The very first monster of the DLC whooped my butt repeatedly :p And by that point I was steamrolling everything in the main game.

It was such a massive jump in difficulty that I just couldn't be bothered. Had already more than got my money's worth by that point.

e: From memory, didn't they mostly increase the difficulty by just making everything immune to your best weapons? So status attacks did almost nothing, ropecaster didn't work, etc, etc.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
loved HZD but definitely not going to pre-order
i never pre-order but bucked that rule and did so for C:S2...regretted that decision lol
once bitten twice shy

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Cdkeys was £40 for it. Based on all the negativity in here I think I will pass. I have way too many games to play now anyway, so will wait and pick it up on the summer sales unless they drop it to under £35 for release.

Back
Top Bottom