Horizon: Forbidden West

Finally got my disk delivered.

Its queued with a 90gb + 2gb update + copy from disc.

What's the point of the disc :confused:

EDIT nvm - looks like the 90gb is a copy off the disc and it shows both copy/downloads together.

You’re thinking of the Hunting Ground trials. This is something else. There seem to be quite a few elements similar to The Witcher III in this.

Do you remember the one with the 4 Shellwalkers and 2 Stalkers? Blow the shells off, collect the items from all shells in the space of 1:05.

Finally got my disk delivered.

Its queued with a 90gb + 2gb update + copy from disc.

What's the point of the disc :confused:

EDIT nvm - looks like the 90gb is a copy off the disc and it shows both copy/downloads together.

Well, I was watching a live stream through the night. Someone got the Collector's Edition. It's pretty impressive though. All the fancy statues, accessories, cloth map, yadda, yadda. As well as a Focus you can wear. Even the Steelcase for the game. But no discs. They supply a download code for the game. She was starting to get worried about an empty Steelcase with no discs thinking somebody had been in it.

You used to get the discs in Collector's Editions. I know I got that with the Shadow of War Collector's Edition. It seems to be a thing no more...

Do you remember the one with the 4 Shellwalkers and 2 Stalkers? Blow the shells off, collect the items from all shells in the space of 1:05.

Yes, I didn’t have much bother with that. I’ve just done the first hunting ground in this new game and that totally did my nut in. I had to try four times on the third one.

I cleared the first hunting grounds in the first game then never bothered doing the others just focused on the main campaign until I was done with it and the DLC. I left loads of it unplayed.

Yes, I didn’t have much bother with that. I’ve just done the first hunting ground in this new game and that totally did my nut in. I had to try four times on the third one.

What about the one where you had to take down two Ravagers, take on the Thunderjaw, blow off the disc launchers then kill it with the disc launchers...

I've just got to the 1st hunting ground. I aced the first two but struggled with the 3rd. I may try using the trip shock instead of the shock bow which may make getting them to stay under a trap easier.

About 3 hours in and so far it's Horizon Tomb Raider.

Small puzzle areas (Tombs)
Loads of collectables.
Areas you need to come back and actively blocked off to because you don't have X.
Larger areas to uncover and clear before moving onto the next one.

I still haven't got the pre-order armour and spear, wonder if it's because I'm playing the free ps5 version rather than the PS4 version I bought.

About 3 hours in and so far it's Horizon Tomb Raider.

Small puzzle areas (Tombs)
Loads of collectables.
Areas you need to come back and actively blocked off to because you don't have X.
Larger areas to uncover and clear before moving onto the next one.
Even down to the rope pull thingy.

Just got the glider myself, feels like I’ve been playing for ages and I imagine there is still tons to do as I’ve literally only just gained access to the forbidden west.

I have been doing all the side quests though.

Just got the glider myself, feels like I’ve been playing for ages and I imagine there is still tons to do as I’ve literally only just gained access to the forbidden west.

I have been doing all the side quests though.
Me too already LV 13 and just got to the Forbidden West.

Have lost most of the day to this. It’s glorious. So often I just marvel at how far gaming, especially console gaming, has come. The story hasn’t hooked me quite as much as the first, but then I didn’t expect it to, but the side quests are almost more charming than the main story. I’ve entered no mans land and it’s so atmospheric and quite unnerving. I’m trying to stay away from the main story.

It’s the hardest I’ve seen my PS5 work based on the heat output.

Finding ‘normal’ to be exactly the right challenge for me so far - probably on the easier side of most recent games I’ve played.

I’ve encountered a good few bugs so far, although immersion breaking rather than game breaking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom