Horizon: Forbidden West

Soldato
Honestly, time spent searching for a PS5 vs what your time is worth vs time actually playing games (esp if it's a hobby) just pay an extra 100 quid and get it off Ebay (I will go against the herd here). My mate spent countless hours trying to get one. Gave in and hasnt looked back.
The trouble is that buying off eBay is just enabling the scalpers to scalp more, a so called vicious circle. Also if you have reliability issues then you may not be able use the warranty.

V F

V F

Soldato
The trouble is that buying off eBay is just enabling the scalpers to scalp more, a so called vicious circle. Also if you have reliability issues then you may not be able use the warranty.

That's another thing I was thinking. Where would I lie should an issue occur with the hardware/warranty...

Associate
So my copy from Amazon has literally just turned up, better late than never I guess! Sorry if this question has already been asked but my 4g internet is still down in my area from yesterdays storm which means I have to relay on my ADSL connection which is only about 7mb max. How big is the download for the upgrade to the PS5 version?

Soldato
Looked like a potato on ps4 pro? Seriously? I'd argue its one of the best looking games from that era tbh.

Sorry that wasn't fair, I should expand I had a 40" 1080p TV that I sat too far from in a long lounge. Ended up getting rid of the ps4 pro. Now I have a a new house and 55" 4k TV and no playstation lol

V F

V F

Soldato
So my copy from Amazon has literally just turned up, better late than never I guess! Sorry if this question has already been asked but my 4g internet is still down in my area from yesterdays storm which means I have to relay on my ADSL connection which is only about 7mb max. How big is the download for the upgrade to the PS5 version?

Think it's about 98GB.

Man of Honour
I keep wanting to avoid the story and just explore, but then I keep coming across points that I can’t access that I figure needs equipment from the main story.

V F

V F

Soldato
I keep wanting to avoid the story and just explore, but then I keep coming across points that I can’t access that I figure needs equipment from the main story.

Somehow a level 32 mission opened up for me on my quest tracker, even though I'm level 10. I'd get one shot. :cry:

Man of Honour
Somehow a level 32 mission opened up for me on my quest tracker, even though I'm level 10. I'd get one shot. :cry:

Is that the fighting pits one? I assume the hardest pit is level 32?

On another note, upgrading everything associated to concentration is such a life saver, as is the one that auto places trip wires.

Associate
Bit of a slow start being stuck in the valley but I know it's not forbidden west yet. Coming from Uncharted 4 remastered the climbing does feel a little jank, unrefined, not a fan of it to be honest, even Tomb Raider made a smoother job of it.

That being said it's got a lot to offer, can't wait!

Soldato
I'm normally a PC only person but I loved the original HZD so much I bought this "for my son". £70 for a game is a lot but I am just loving this so far and it has been years since a game really grabbed me like this. Graphics are excellent, animations are excellent and story is great. My only gripe is the shimmer in performance mode and the fact the grass has a really obvious repeating checkerboard pattern when viewd from above. The fact that is all I can gripe about is great praise indeed.

I have a 5900X with RTX 3080 PC and am used to 50+ FPS and VRR at 4K. I'm playing this PS5 game on a 4K 32" HDR 120Hz monitor with HDMI 2.1 and if someone told me I would find 30FPS playable, I would have laughed in their face. Did the switch back and forth between quality and performance and both have their merits but even at 30 FPS I find it plenty playable. Though it would be nice if they could gt this working in 40FPS mode like in Ratchet and Clank PS5.

I managed to get a VIP Coupon and a PS5 for MSRP and considering GPU prices it puts a significantly more expensive PC to shame.

V F

V F

Soldato
Is that the fighting pits one? I assume the hardest pit is level 32?

On another note, upgrading everything associated to concentration is such a life saver, as is the one that auto places trip wires.

Yeah that seems to be it.

The Enduring

Errand Quest Level 32

Somewhere in the Forbidden West is a legendary Tenakth master known only as the Enduring. Those who prove themselves worthy earn the privilege of training with them.

Earn all Tenakth Melee Pit Marks
Earn the Desert Clan's Mark
Earn the Lowland Clan's Mark
Earn the Sky Clan's Mark

Back
Top Bottom