Horizon: Forbidden West

Associate
Patch applied just fine here.
Went into my first story cauldron - that boss dropped fast as hell (normal) once I used its own weapon on it. I was rather surprised.

And yet it's a total sponge for anything else. Needs tweaking that one, I've never been interested in those big weapons.

V F

V F

Soldato
Damn, I had forgotten all the little upgrades quests you had to do from the first game. Hunting Fox bones, Racoon hide, Fox hide, Jay Wishbone, Goose feather, Squirrel bone, Rabbit hide. Amongst all the others for all the pouch upgrades.

Man of Honour
Damn, I had forgotten all the little upgrades quests you had to do from the first game. Hunting Fox bones, Racoon hide, Fox hide, Jay Wishbone, Goose feather, Squirrel bone, Rabbit hide. Amongst all the others for all the pouch upgrades.

I’ve spent most of my evening getting them. The game is so beautiful I enjoy doing it.

I’ve changed my approach slightly now to the knockdown arrow ability and critical hit when their down - going to max these out, it’s pretty darn effective. Also great for harvesting parts while their down.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm playing on Hard and would say the Kangaroos are the hardest enemies I've had to deal with, as they are generally in 3's.

I took down a Thunderclaw far easier than those ********.

V F

V F

Soldato
I’ve spent most of my evening getting them. The game is so beautiful I enjoy doing it.

I’ve changed my approach slightly now to the knockdown arrow ability and critical hit when their down - going to max these out, it’s pretty darn effective. Also great for harvesting parts while their down.

Indeed. I'm 24 hours playtime so far and only level 16.

Associate
I'm playing on Hard and would say the Kangaroos are the hardest enemies I've had to deal with, as they are generally in 3's.

I took down a Thunderclaw far easier than those ********.

I cleared out several at great annoyance only to find I didn't get the part required.

Any way to get easy parts (eg regardless where you hit/strike they all fall off intact) without lowering difficulty to Easy? It would to remove these frustrating things from the game without making it a cake walk entirely.

Caporegime
I cleared out several at great annoyance only to find I didn't get the part required.

Any way to get easy parts (eg regardless where you hit/strike they all fall off intact) without lowering difficulty to Easy? It would to remove these frustrating things from the game without making it a cake walk entirely.

As mentioned above, if you want parts intact you will have to use tear ammo - in a bow/gun.

Soldato
The standard arrows in the hunter bow also have tear properties as well but about 1/4 of the actual sharpshot bow ones.

What is a big help is to use your focus on a machine then press left or right to find the part that you need and then highlight part will show up and then the part that you are wanting to shoot off will be pink/purple. Even at the beginning of the game without tear ammo i found it was pretty easy to take off antlers, storage containers etc from machines with 2-3 shots while hiding in the grass. If you are struggling, what i do is find an area with the machines you want, find the machine and the part you want then hit it once from the grass, then roll to the grass a little way off(They will often come searching in the area where the shot came from), rinse and repeat.

Hope that helps a bit.

Caporegime
It didn't matter in the first game where your tear arrows hit, they caused an explosion so that anything and everything fell off eventually. I don't see how the same wouldn't happen in this game.

I'm sure it'll be fine eventually, but I'm level 18 and no sign of tear blaster arrows yet.

Trying to hit the Kangaroo bit you need whilst they jump around like Jackie Chan is annoying.

Man of Honour
When you get offered 3 places to go, I suggest taking the one in the desert first (even tho the level is slightly higher), you get a useful upgrade for exploring.

While I’ve not done it yet, it’s the one I’ll probably go for first due to the upgrade. I’m slowly making my way toward the tall neck first, gathering everything I can on the way for pouch upgrades.

The machines are certainly more aggressive this time. I upgraded the tripcaster skills, but kind of wish I hadn’t done that so early on, I don’t find it to be that useful in this game.

I’d also like to find whatever upgrade allows you to deal with vines and the metal pods. It’s frustrating to find them everywhere and to be able to do nothing about them.

Back
Top Bottom