Horizon: Forbidden West

Soldato
Anybody experienced their screen going completely black for a second? It always seems to happen when I exit
the west door of the base.
Only during the initial intro which Sylens I believe narrates. It would go black every few seconds on my Pro connected to my Samsung QLED at certain points with the sound still playing. It hasn’t happened since.

The only issue I’ve really had that I can recall is that movie cutscenes are sometimes choppy on my Pro that has an SSD. Iirc the Pro and PS4 have actual videos for their cutscenes whilst the PS5 renders them in real time with the engine. Why they are randomly choppy I can’t make sense of.

Edit: The above for v1.04. Not got v1.05 yet.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Anybody experienced their screen going completely black for a second? It always seems to happen when I exit
the west door of the base.

Yeah had it a few times since the latest patch.

I was having it on other areas during cut scenes before the patch. The most annoying part is the button prompts not always working at campfires. I've to wiggle about the fire to get them to work.

Caporegime
I was having it on other areas during cut scenes before the patch. The most annoying part is the button prompts not always working at campfires. I've to wiggle about the fire to get them to work.

Yeah, same with cutscenes and the button UI - they don't appear in the skills menu sometimes.

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Only during the initial intro which Sylens I believe narrates. It would go black every few seconds on my Pro connected to my Samsung QLED at certain points with the sound still playing. It hasn’t happened since.

The only issue I’ve really had that I can recall is that movie cutscenes are sometimes choppy on my Pro that has an SSD. Iirc the Pro and PS4 have actual videos for their cutscenes whilst the PS5 renders them in real time with the engine. Why they are randomly choppy I can’t make sense of.

Edit: The above for v1.04. Not got v1.05 yet.

OneConnect box? My Samsung Ks7000 was terrible for it with HDR on devices running through it, had to turn HDR off in the end.

Soldato
I used to get black screen on KS7000, sometimes long distances apart, other times every minute or so. That was on PS4, as soon as I happened on PS5, I used it as an excuse to bin off the TV and get an LG CX.

VTR

VTR

Soldato
I used to get black screen on KS7000, sometimes long distances apart, other times every minute or so. That was on PS4, as soon as I happened on PS5, I used it as an excuse to bin off the TV and get an LG CX.
Yeah I had it on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X on both KS7000 and KS7500, also upgraded to LG OLED and never had the issue since including on PS5 :)

Just finished the intro and game has opened up a bit, platforming seems annoying/clumsy but hopefully I get used to it! Enjoying otherwise.

Soldato
WTF? Got home and installed the update and it powered my console off and would t power back on for a couple of times then came up with Repairing Console Storage! And it now has come up with Repairing USB drive :( :eek:

Associate
WTF? Got home and installed the update and it powered my console off and would t power back on for a couple of times then came up with Repairing Console Storage! And it now has come up with Repairing USB drive :( :eek:

Yup same thing mine did, I've just finished re-installing and repatching the game. Save now loaded correctly.

Back
Top Bottom