Horizon: Forbidden West

Associate
Enjoying it, too. But there is no way could I play this game in resolution mode at 30 fps. It feels so laggy compared to performance mode at 60 fps.

Soldato
Had to finish Ghost of Tsushima tonight first then wait about 2 hours for the disc to transfer 90gb to the console :eek: safe to say 5 mins into the game it’s already easy to see why (playing on an LG CX 65), easily the best looking game to date for me and I can only imagine it gets better. Seen somebodies stream earlier and he took a close look at one of the snake mechs and the attention to detail looked ridiculous.

V F

V F

Soldato
Had to finish Ghost of Tsushima tonight first then wait about 2 hours for the disc to transfer 90gb to the console :eek: safe to say 5 mins into the game it’s already easy to see why (playing on an LG CX 65), easily the best looking game to date for me and I can only imagine it gets better. Seen somebodies stream earlier and he took a close look at one of the snake mechs and the attention to detail looked ridiculous.

Yeah, the same texture detail you could see on the Thunderjaws from the first game once all the armour was stripped away. Very similar to the Rock Breakers.

Soldato
It's crazy how many hours burns through in this game.
This is exactly what happened for me playing HZD. I shelved the game for almost two years because I'm pretty useless with aiming with the controller but revisited it on story mode and picked my head up and "er it's almost 3am!"

Enforcing myself to two hour sessions at a time and playing this on normal. Yowsers it's tough but I'm a little more used to controllers now!

Soldato
Not got it yet, watched a tip video on youtube, looks like there is a quick change weapon button which is off by default.. Change it to on and tap L1 to quick change to previous weapon, or you can choose to weapons to swap.

Associate

HDR is broken out of the box in this game. On a 1500nit Samsung it looked very washed out on defaults as this (first party game!) does not support the baked in HDR calibration you set on the PS5 Settings menu. Insane.

So yeah I've had to mess about with the settings, which is annoying for a console game. Not past the tutorial yet, but was warned in reviews the first 8 or so hours are pretty uninspiring until it really sets you free.

Associate
Has anyone done the 'buy it cheaper on PS4 then get the free upgrade to PS5 trick' ?
Can you confirm there's no problems or nonsense around doing this? :D
Yeah bought the ps4 version on the playstation store on my phone via the playstation app. Went to my game library on my ps5 and the option for the ps5 upgrade was there straight away, then you just download the ps5 version.

Soldato
Tbh now I'm blazing through HZD on story mode. It makes me wonder if I really want the combat challenge when I play this. It does cut out the excitement of getting new gear though if I don't.
I suspect I'll just stick to medium and take it slow.

Back
Top Bottom