Horizon: Zero Dawn [PS4]

Soldato
Picked this up while its on sale. I keep dying though in the first area when i first need to make fire arrows, how best to level up a bit first.

Soldato
Got this yesterday with my Pro. My god does it look good.
I was impressed with the video where they show you how they have optimized the engine. Great work - only rendering what's absolutely necessary and in FOV, along with some great LOD tricks.

Shame more devs don't put so much effort into optimization, especially on PC. :mad:

Soldato
I was impressed with the video where they show you how they have optimized the engine. Great work - only rendering what's absolutely necessary and in FOV, along with some great LOD tricks.

Shame more devs don't put so much effort into optimization, especially on PC. :mad:

Frustum culling is pretty standard, don't make the mistake of thinking it's something new or unique to Horizon, can't argue that the level of optimization puts other devs to shame though :)

Soldato
Frustum culling is pretty standard, don't make the mistake of thinking it's something new or unique to Horizon, can't argue that the level of optimization puts other devs to shame though :)
I'm no game dev although I was sure it wasn't a completely new concept. Didn't know it had a name, though! :D What interested me was how they mentioned you have to deal with the player suddenly turning around. I presume that means making sure you don't have loads of texture popping going on.

Bloody fine job! :)

V F

V F

Soldato

Yeah! Game developer excuse, buy faster hardware!

Soldato
Just killed my first Thundermaw.

Wow that was intense and enjoyable battle.

Took ages as am only level 20. Spent most of the fight running and hiding behind rocks and walls while knocking components off lol

Back
Top Bottom