Hot Hatch Owners

Soldato
3 weeks into ownership and I’ve kerbed my first alloy :mad::( damnit! If it’s just scuffed, is it easily repairable ? Or am I gonna have to fork out for a new one ? I could just leave it and ignore it I guess.

Edit. Or shop for some new other branded ones.

Caporegime
3 weeks into ownership and I’ve kerbed my first alloy :mad::( damnit! If it’s just scuffed, is it easily repairable ? Or am I gonna have to fork out for a new one ? I could just leave it and ignore it I guess.

Part and parcel of driving really, I'd wait a year or do and do them once a couple of years.

Otherwise you might be doing it on like a monthly basis.

Soldato
Part and parcel of driving really, I'd wait a year or do and do them once a couple of years.

Otherwise you might be doing it on like a monthly basis.
I guess so. As they say, the first scuff is always the hardest. :p there will probably be plenty more. I just feel so stupid/annoyed for how it happened.

Soldato
1.6 Turbo club :)

I love that club, and I do like those ST200's, nice to see a rare ST on the roads. Still enjoying my 208 GTi Prestige, sadly bonnet chips are a thing, but swapped front and back tyres over last week so that should last me til September service. End of next year I'll be needing to change even if my 3 door does have isofix :rolleyes:

Ball park is rather wide at the moment, but it will likely be second hand/nearly new. Looking at something like an i30n down to the new Focus ST....Line X.

Associate
I love that club, and I do like those ST200's, nice to see a rare ST on the roads. Still enjoying my 208 GTi Prestige, sadly bonnet chips are a thing, but swapped front and back tyres over last week so that should last me til September service. End of next year I'll be needing to change even if my 3 door does have isofix :rolleyes:

Ball park is rather wide at the moment, but it will likely be second hand/nearly new. Looking at something like an i30n down to the new Focus ST....Line X.
I was so close to finishing up what I wanted done on the 208 gti, I had the clutch changed as it was making a chewbacca noise for slightly stronger clutch and single mass flywheel ready for a tune but that didn't happen as i've been unlucky with the master slave cylinder failing on me 3 times within a month and just couldn't do with it anymore.
The clutch&flywheel was done by pug1off so it was in good hands at least but the slave cylinder being plastic just wasn't up to the job despite a fair amount of people have not had any issues with it failing.

I keep seeing a blue i30n on my way to work..beautiful colour and the colour Id go for if I was to buy one.
Still waiting for VipMotorsport to get back to me on the update of the fidrenza SMF as they have been recalled due to Luk changing the pattern on clutch so the flywheel doesn't really fit correctly by 1-2mm or something to the clutch plate.

Soldato
I was so close to finishing up what I wanted done on the 208 gti, I had the clutch changed as it was making a chewbacca noise for slightly stronger clutch and single mass flywheel ready for a tune but that didn't happen as i've been unlucky with the master slave cylinder failing on me 3 times within a month and just couldn't do with it anymore.
The clutch&flywheel was done by pug1off so it was in good hands at least but the slave cylinder being plastic just wasn't up to the job despite a fair amount of people have not had any issues with it failing.

I keep seeing a blue i30n on my way to work..beautiful colour and the colour Id go for if I was to buy one.
Still waiting for VipMotorsport to get back to me on the update of the fidrenza SMF as they have been recalled due to Luk changing the pattern on clutch so the flywheel doesn't really fit correctly by 1-2mm or something to the clutch plate.

That's a damn shame, mine is coming up to 20k on stock (got it at 14k) and been running fine, they do seem a bit marmite in terms of functioning....

Associate
That's a damn shame, mine is coming up to 20k on stock (got it at 14k) and been running fine, they do seem a bit marmite in terms of functioning....
Mine was changed around 30-40k,bought the car with around 20k mileage for 9.5k but didn't pay a penny for straight swap with a Leon diesel.
The car was a nightmare within the first 2 weeks of ownership though, both fuel pump failed on me and had to get it replaced. Not a big deal but the time they failed was when I was on the m25 and then at home aswell, the car was bought from Charters Peugeot dealer which is hour and half drive from me so I had to drive down there 3 times just to get them to sort it as the Peugeot dealers near me weren't really interested and busy.

Traded the car for a 2011 Mazda3 MPS now and much happier with it, with exception now I'm in process of getting the clutch&flywheel done lol, turbo may be on its way sometime in future too woo.

Associate
I'm going to up the power in my ST200 soon. At the moment I am just finishing the suspension mods (Bilstein B8's, Eibach springs, Whiteline rear anti roll bar) then Ill go either Revo stage 2 or Collins Performance.

Associate
my FK8 type R checking in! Was between this and the i30n for me.

44102103214_53e8111801_z.jpg

Associate
My little 1.3L coke can. Currently 211bhp & around 890KG. About to have a forged 1.5L engine swap and should be around 320bhp (engine good for way over 400).
Has come a long way since I first got it in summer 2016, done a fair bit to it, don't want to even calculate the total cost :eek:. Brings a smile to my face every time I drive it, so that makes it worthwhile.

Engine:
Tubular manifold (braced mild steel)
Blitz de-cat (braced)
Blitz SS BOV
3" Tuning Developments catback system
Air conditioning removed
Air filter front relocation
Jperformance front HDI intercooler
HKS actuator
CT9 Hybrid turbo
E-manage ultimate ECU
FET turbo timer