US: House of Cards

Soldato
Really? I was wondering. Anyone else got an opinion on this?

I'd watch the first and last episode of 6, will cover most things without you having to sit through the other 6 episodes.

Episode 7 might be worth a watch as something happens to a character that's been in since season 1

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Have to admit its hard to stomach even on the first episode, kevin spacey was house of cards and vice versa.

Its a bunch of bs to go as far to cut every trace of someone due to allegations and lies also, waste of budget to reshoot and do it all again and really is a poor finish to HOC and fans also, they should have filmed the last episode with Francis going on a murder spree in the white house for an entire hour then him entering a room and bang the end.

Associate
Finished it last night. Absolutely shocking. Can't think I've ever show ping pong in quality from season to season so much.

I know they couldn't have planned for the Spacey thing, but to me this really emphasised why they needed to tell their story and bow out while the getting was good. I stand by what I said in this thread a couple of years ago, at the end of season 3 I was ready for it to come crumbling down instead of endless dice rolls always coming out in the Underwoods favour, and nothing in the 3 seasons since has convinced me the endless renewals till it stopped being viable were a good idea.

Soldato
Some are suggesting the is so much not answered, maybe there's another season coming...

With how this season has been received I think even Netflix will put it to bed, short of them doing another show with a similar name and some of the cast similar to how The Good Wife became The Good Fight.

The only way I'd get reinvested would be a whole new show with a brand new cast.

Associate
^ I'd extend that to the whole of season 6 . It was just bizarre, new characters and plots introduced with no explanation of the motivations for their actions let alone any form of real conclusion. The previous 5 series provided plenty of potential points to build a final plot upon without resorting to this.

Soldato
Just finished it. I found the whole last season offensive. Its on par with Dexters ending.... in fact worse, Bleugh.
I don’t think anything will top Dexter’s ending!

This series was so poor. I just skipped through it a bit and it got more weird as it went on. I agree about the new characters, they were just shoehorned in and didn’t make much sense. The tone changed and it seemed to take a comical edge in some ways.
To anyone who hasn’t watched it yet, I’d say don’t unless you are really stuck for something to watch, but even then I probably wouldn’t as it tarnishes the series quite severely. (ignoring Mr Spacey’s antics)

Back
Top Bottom