How Corporate Greed is Killing Your Favourite Video Games

Honestly, at this point I don't even know who to blame anymore, is it DEI merchants, **** poor employees who have quietly quit their jobs because game development isn't what it used to be, etc.? The list is huge.

Genuine passion projects, where the focus is on the end result in terms of the game and how it plays, seem to be few and far between these days. A lot of it seems to be about sending an ideological message or finding ways to keep people spending money on microtransactions for as long as possible, despite the fact that most of the time these purchases do not actually give the player a better experience.

Yeah i don't really understand it, no one who has tried to impose their virtues on the world has thought of themselves as bad people, even Hitler thought of him self as virtuous and doing it for the greater good.

The trouble with people like this is not their politics alone, be they far right or far left, its the authoritarianism, its what they are willing to do with the people who disagree with them that's the problem, ideological extremists find it very easy and natural to dehumanise those in opposition to them, that dehumanisation manifests its self in 'us and them' us being good, them being evil, its why every opinion you hold that does not agree with them is "far right" this is extremism. And you hear it now constantly as the world becomes more and more about emotional narcissism prevailing over logic.

This is why none of it makes any sense, this is emotional, not logical, it's a toxic matriarchy.

About 1 to 2 years ago Cloud Imperium Games subsidiary Turbulent 'Canada' got a large influx of Ubisoft staff, they were all Men.

o68uTC2.jpeg
Wasn't that part of the massive #mefaketoo power play that went on at Ubisoft. Basically all the guys that made fun games got chased away.

Wasn't that part of the massive #mefaketoo power play that went on at Ubisoft. Basically all the guys that made fun games got chased away.

No idea.... all i know is around that time CIG boosted pillaging a bunch of Ubisoft people for their Montréal studio 'Turbulent', the people they put on screen from that were all Men.

Its not until very recently that i'm looking at who Ubisoft are that i realised they are pretty much all Women, not entirely but not far off that.

Also, its not as if CIG are misogynistic, they try to strike a fair balance of representation, which is fine.

They also like to... parody? Popular culture.... skirting right on the edge of legality i's sure :D Its fun stuff... Better than the TV miniseries Concord did.

Last edited:
No idea.... all i know is around that time CIG boosted pillaging a bunch of Ubisoft people for their Montréal studio 'Turbulent', the people they put on screen from that were all Men.

Its not until very recently that i'm looking at who Ubisoft are that i realised they are pretty much all Women, not entirely but not far off that.
Oh make no mistake the vast majority of the work is still done my male coding grunts. It's just women love posing for pictures as a job well done that also nicely fits the agenda.

Interesting vid thanks for sharing.

Games have proper gone down the pan lately, what's annoying though is often their fan base will call out the "Devs" calling them lazy etc when id imagine the issue is the higher ups rushing everything through to meet shareholders deadlines so its really stomping on the developer's creativities and ideas that could have made the game much better than it is.

What REALLY is frustrating me ATM with games is not so much the pricing or just how redic DLC has taken over games throwing it in you're face every screen etc...its the lack of effort with them NOT dealing with huge cheating issues (Rust & COD)...They could totally put millions into making custom anticheats that's better yet don't bother, Just slap Easyanticheat in there and call it a day....THAT is lazy!

TLDR Version

First, Star Wars Outlaws’ initial sales proved softer than expected, despite solid ratings from players that recognized the game’s faithful transcription of the original trilogy’s essence and richness: 76 on Metacritic, 3.85/5 on PS store, ~4/5 on Xbox and 4.4/5 on Epic

In today’s ultra-competitive market, players expect extraordinary experiences and ultra-polished games on Day 1. We need to continue to improve when it comes to fine-tuning our games and delivering outstanding gameplay. This is what will enable Ubisoft to again create the best games in the industry.

Pretending the house isn't on fire

Last edited:
Even that statement is false or being charitable poorly worded. They mention solid ratings from players and then quote the Metacritic Critics score rather than the User Score which is in the 50's.

I think most would agree that Critics in games and film have been misaligned for a while.

Unfortuantely the rush to please investors and produce product at regular intervals is trampling the creative process. Games that would have been cancelled or delayed are released to hit quarterly earnings or games are being produced with bloated budgets and lack of focus.

During Covid there was a big influx of investment cash, now that the market has returned to normal and shareholders are starting to understand the risks involved i think there will be a general contraction in the number of studios and in Ubisoft case publishers

Last edited:
its the lack of effort with them NOT dealing with huge cheating issues (Rust & COD)...They could totally put millions into making custom anticheats that's better yet don't bother, Just slap Easyanticheat in there and call it a day....THAT is lazy!

It doesn't make financial sense to spend millions on an anti-cheat just to catch a few more people. It will only be circumvented again, as hackers will always find a way around it. There is some hope that AI will allow faster methods of detection through pattern recognition, but that may be a long way off.

They'd rather just do a massive ban wave a few times a year, knowing that a decent percentage of those banned will just buy another account, so it's profitable to let cheaters get away with it for a while.

The context of this video its self is interesting but watching some of the footage of the game is just as interesting, aside from the extremely dubious historical accuracy, in that its 90% made up and claiming to be accurate, its also absolutely ram packed with racial stereotypes.

Yasuke is pedicled as muscle-bound and 6"4 tall, the Japanese as 4"8, Yasuke is rampaging round like the Hulk smashing through the walls of flimsy Japanese architecture and throwing actual Samurai around like dolls, drawing them through and picking them up with his sword...
This ontop of a litany of historical inaccuracies, Chinese architecture in Japan, using family crests without their permission, making light of very sensitive historical artefacts and a whole lot more.

This is incompetence to the point of racism, its the stereo types, the tropes, its the total disregard for a proud nation's culture and history, if i was Japanese i would be egregiously insulted by this.

These are the sort of white people who have a token black friend and while they usually listen to Billy Joel as soon as their token black friend get to with in ear short of them the switch it to Hip Hop, they treat people differently, like they are some kind of different breed of animal and they think they are virtuous in doing that, they have a white saviour complex. Actual racism.
This is a cultural crusade to them, and they will trample all over real cultures they deem unworthy to preach their message.

Last edited:
I’m struggling to understand how far gone one must be to post something like that and be so sure of oneself.

It’s like parody of an incel.

@NZXT30 you okay hun?
I'm not sure which part of what I said you found so outlandish that you had to resort to personal insults.

Women take way more photos of themselves than men and the vast majority of coders are still men, both those things are facts.

Let's not even talk of the reaction that a males only photo of a gaming studio would bring in this misandry riddled industry.

Back
Top Bottom