How did the OcUK Forums get so Big?

Soldato
I joined sooo long ago, I've survived every 'Cull' they could throw at the Forums and I've only bought 3 things from the Shop, granted one thing I bought did have a fault that was dealt with quickly and without any problems!...

Dunno why I've stuck around so long!, I am a member of a few other forums, but I don't frequent them a fraction of the time I spend on here!!..

It's weird!! :confused:

(Only Rotty and Me are Oct 2002-ers up to this point!! :) )
Similar situation, I didn't buy anything from ocuk till later 00's but was using the forums pre Oct 2002 nuke, don't post too much so didn't re-register till slightly later.
I guess how busy they are and the varied user-base keeps it interesting.

Soldato
Can someone sum up mumsnet in two lines, try to sell it to me, the idea of joining?

Is there a lot of mums on there? Possibly mums who need assistance?

Commissario
Because it's fun, a good place to get help/find answers to computer stuff, and it's got some fun sections.

Of course I would say that, as sometime in 2000 I woke up to find myself chained to a 486 dx3 (running at DX4 speeds with passive cooling!), in the broom cupboard at OCUK. The move to the new store was a real highlight, they gave me a chair to sit on instead of a stack of old Trident S3 video cards.

Caporegime
:o

Forums don't need an app or tapatalk!!!!!!

i know and i hate browsing forums and seeing the stupid

"posted using tapatalk" crap on loads of posts
A fellow Oct 2002-er and pre nuke era member here
i used to buy from the store for years before i signed up to the forum, i used to browse it though but mainly go my overclocking fix over at madonion (now known as futuremark)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
I go around injecting Hovis into people, which makes people addictive to this place.

I guess this forum is popular because of YOU, everyone here who reads, learns, writes, spreads the word makes this forum what it is. :)

Caporegime
A fellow Oct 2002-er and pre nuke era member here :)

No idea why I'm still around either, but I am. It must be interesting on here :D

Same here:p...ive been here for ages now...i was a member here when we had Dons such as Mindyourbeak and a few others, who have now gone to other pastures.

Cant remember when i first joined, its been that long:o

Soldato
I go around injecting Hovis into people, which makes people addictive to this place.

I guess this forum is popular because of YOU, everyone here who reads, learns, writes, spreads the word makes this forum what it is. :)

Some might say that we use yeast from only the finest selection of Hovis factories to help the rise in numbers on these here forums.

Back
Top Bottom