How do drivers in <Your Town Here> React to Filtering?

Soldato
I just did some basic calculations and worked out roughly I would waste about 7 full days a year if I didn't filter and sat in traffic :D :p so yeah I am ALWAYS going to filter past even one single car to make my journey quicker.

Works out about the same for me too, on average about 20 minutes per trip time saved. Some days though it's faaaaar worse, people who live near me can take an hour and a half to get home when it's taken me 40 minutes :D

Soldato
You know that technically that's illegal though? :) Not sure if coppers would pull you for it, but you're only allowed to filter past the car behind the lead car on zigzags, so behind the first car.

Soldato
True!
I don't do it on normal pedestrian crossings, zebra etc, I can see why they would have one with traffic light crossings but if you have any sense you slow down anyway and make sure nobody is walking out between cars there, I rarely get to filter there anyway because that part of winchester is so tight and usually a lot more traffic than in that video so I take any opportunity to get past the traffic!
They've had police sitting in this area recently, quite a few riders got pulled for riding the wrong way around islands!

Soldato
This is a normal ride to work for me, but you'll see I don't always filter to the front ;)
How come?
Surely the whole point of having a bike is to filter, filter, filter, always, always, always?

Filtering isn't a habit though
We were talking about riders who auto-filter regardless of conditions, which *is* a habit...

you get the odd person that might block you but I can count with my fingers and toes how many times thats been deliberate in over 10 years of riding now....
Come to Reading. You'll use up all your fingers and toes in less than a month!

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Pretty good in my manor but then I only live 5 - 10 mins away from Mallory & 30 mins or so away from Donny so I'd call it Biker friendly for sure. You only really notice the difference when you go elsewhere, Riding down South for example is a nightmare compared to how it is around here.
Personally I have to say that all a car driver does by attempting to slow me down or block me is give me a huge smile as I ride off. :p

Back
Top Bottom