SPG

Soldato
Oats
Milk from a cow, none of this processed fad milk
Salt

Maybe a little honey,

Microwave 1.30 stir then 30s wait 2mins for it to cool down. EAT

Soldato
Porridge oats in bowl, cover with boiling water, leave for two mins. Add milk, nukerowave for two mins, add a bit more milk and some chopped dates, nuke for another minute. Plenty of stirring throughout to stop it bubbling over. Add a banana if exercise is pending.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Cow - Heat - Drink

As apposed to cut

Nut, oil, gums, mix - Drink (i wont go into the process for oil and gums)

Milk is fine in a western diet, we have generally built up a tolerance to whatever it the the california fad people think otherwise.

Soldato
I had blueberries in mine this morning.

So that's porridge oats, half-pint of milk, 2 tsp sugar, 2 mins in the microwave then a third of a tub of blueberries.

Very nice it was too.

Soldato
60g oats, 400ml water, pinch of salt, 2tbsp chia seeds and a few pieces of frozen banana into a pan forms the base, then depending on my mood I will add either cinnamon and nutmeg or cocoa powder and heat it up. Once done, I'll top it with some berries and almond or peanut butter, maybe a little maple syrup. Very occasionally I'll swap the water out for soy or oat milk. Adventurous, I know.

Associate
Resurrecting this thread as I've been getting well in to Porridge. At the moment doing one cup old fashioned oats with around 1 and 1/3 cups milk, in a pan to get the consistency right. Then adding sultanas and banana.

Anyone got a good combos for me? Fancy taking a stab at some savoury recipes, but what things to be relatively simple. Hit me.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
1/2 cups oats
1 cup fluid (real milk)
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp cinnamon

1 cup frozen blueberries at the end, stir them in and eat.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Yes, they have a slight crunch as the he middle is still frozen but first chew its gone. I quite like personally.

Soldato
Soldato
60g oats, 250ml water and 100ml semi skimmed milk.
5 minutes in microwave, throw in some raisins / blueberry's and some sugar free syrup.

Associate
Two parts rolled oats;
Two parts water;
One part milk;
lashings of salt.

Simmer on medium hob until "stiff";
Served into bowl and left for 2 mins to firm,
During those 2 mins: warm a small amount of milk;

Pour warm milk to the edge of the bowl to float the porridge.

Spin the floating porridge once or twice :) prior to eating from the edges first...

Soldato
Those who make porridge with just water
suspect you have to use a fine oatmeal to make this tolerable/creamy, as opposed to just becoming gruel

Gruel is a food consisting of some type of cereal—oat, wheat, or rye flour or rice—boiled in water or milk. It is a thinner version of porridge that may be more often drunk than eaten and may not need to be cooked

Back
Top Bottom