How hot should a Q6600 G0 be on a Tuniq Tower at idle, mine seems toasty.

Soldato
Nice speed and good temps at load for 3ghz. N1. :) You should be able to go another 100-200mhz more and the temps shouldnt go past 55 or if they do they will go 56-57 i think and as long as there under 60 ** doing ok. :)

Permabanned
OP
idle temps are starting to drop...

still with side panel off mind.

2001516942318339385_rs.jpg

Permabanned
OP
My idle temps under water are higher than yours, but my load temps are lower, weird!

35c idle
45c under load

Thats using same FSB and voltage

ahh my voltage is actually lower than what coretemp shows, it's actually at about 1.2, so that could be effected temps.

mine are only slightly hotter under load aswell, there about 48 under load now.

what watercooling are you using?

Last edited:
Soldato
EK Supreme
Laing DDC Pro 10W
Thermochill 120.2

Its screwed at at the moment though I think.
Must be trapped air in the rad as its cooling ability is pee poor and definitely not worth it as the price, hopefully sorting it at the weekend though, hopefully the key word

Soldato
Yeah they do still use it, first time using watercooling so things like amount of pressure the waterblock needs to be on the CPU and best position for stuff and getting trapped air out is new to me, all good fun but annoying when you have lots of uni work to do!

Soldato
One thing I found out about temperatures a long time ago is as long as you are not nearing the maximum, which is like 80C in this case, then DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT! As long as your PC is stable and doesn't crash then your temps are fine. If you start to have problems then investigate further. I know people love getting their temps lower, but it just does my head in these days and usually ends up costing a fortune as I buy loads of junk to reduce them further! Don't fall for it! hehe

Permabanned
OP
One thing I found out about temperatures a long time ago is as long as you are not nearing the maximum, which is like 80C in this case, then DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT! As long as your PC is stable and doesn't crash then your temps are fine. If you start to have problems then investigate further. I know people love getting their temps lower, but it just does my head in these days and usually ends up costing a fortune as I buy loads of junk to reduce them further! Don't fall for it! hehe

but doesnt heat reduce the life of the system?

Soldato
5+years at least. i doubt youll keep it that long.

3 years ago i had 256mb ram, now ill have 4gb. Imagine in anotehr 3 years, especialy with cpus going this fast.

Permabanned
OP
5+years at least. i doubt youll keep it that long.

3 years ago i had 256mb ram, now ill have 4gb. Imagine in anotehr 3 years, especialy with cpus going this fast.

before my current pc I was still using a PC that was 6+ years old, and I want this PC to get me through uni at least. well the cpu and mobo anyway, may upgrade gfx etc...

Back
Top Bottom