How long does it take you to get to the Cinema?

Caporegime
Me and my Wife have an Odeon limitless card, but the cinema is a 25 minute drive away, in another town.

I had an aborted trip yesterday, which got me thinking, who here has the longest regular trip to the cinema? 25 minutes each way isn't too bad but there must be a point it's not worth going?

Last edited:
About 20 minutes. But the cinemas in Gloucestershire are all about £13 a ticket, whereas in Bristol it's more like £6, so sometimes worth the extra 10-15 minutes to get there, especially if it's the whole family of four.

Our 2 closest regular cinemas are 30mins and 35 mins away and we go fairly often.

If it's a major blockbuster film and worth seeing on IMAX then I goto Manchester now, which is 3 hrs away :p

10 minutes into Rugby town for the Cineworld that's a few miles away due to traffic or about 15 minutes to the Showcase 14 miles away in Coventry as we're close to the motorway junction.

We choose the Showcase mainly as it's more comfy (big seats, reclining), better screens, better parking and only takes 5 extra minutes - prices are comparable.

There's a couple of choices available to me here in Nottingham, but I always go to the Showcase out of preference. It'd take maybe 20-25 if driving from home. But when I'm in the office, I work about a 5 minute drive away, so I'll sometimes book my tickets to be after work.

It's no chore for me. I enjoy watching movies, so getting the cinema experience is worth it for me.

Last edited:
it takes me about 30 mins to drive there (cinama is in middle of southend town centre, so its going to be crowded with junkies)

another 20 mins to park somewhere safe

then another 10 mins to walk from car park to cinama

almost about an hour, but it feels like 100 years from home to cinema

Last edited:
20 minute or so walk. Not a great cinema, but serviceable for most films, and sadly the company has something of a stranglehold on the area so it's a 40 minute + drive to get to a cinema that belongs to anyone else.

Depends on the time of day but I can get to the one I use most often in 10 to 15 minutes on an evening. There are another 5/6 that I could get to in 20-30 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom