How long does it take you to get to the Cinema?

10 minute walk to an old theater named the Astor. Cool independent art deco type old place that shows mostly older films and marathons. They played episodes 1 to 6 of Star Wars on Saturday just gone back to back. 11am start, 5am finish! I didn't go.

20 minutes walk to a modern multiplex. Been twice post covid - No Time to Die and Topgun 2. Can't remember the time prior to that. Probably The Joker.
That looks really cool from the outside, love the old deco style buildings.

45091f70-ad1a-4a67-927e-6aaecd7e95e3-620x372.jpeg

Last edited:
That looks really cool from the outside, love the old deco style buildings.

45091f70-ad1a-4a67-927e-6aaecd7e95e3-620x372.jpeg
Yeah it's cool. They still have them old style seats though, red fake velvet fold down things. Super uncomfortable. I've often fancied doing one of their marathons but dont think my backside could handle it. They also do a 750ml glass of wine to take into your film, save you getting up part way through :D .

Yeah it's cool. They still have them old style seats though, red fake velvet fold down things. Super uncomfortable. I've often fancied doing one of their marathons but dont think my backside could handle it. They also do a 750ml glass of wine to take into your film, save you getting up part way through :D .

Ah yes, I remember them. Like the old velour seats you used to get in old Ford's with the "Ghia" line :D

1hr-ish each way to my "local" Vue depending on traffic.

There's a non-chain cinema closer by rebuilt in the remains of a very old cinema with stalls etc but the "big screen" is so small and far away (approx 25m-ish away from the nearest seats on the upper level) that it appears smaller than watching a 32" monitor on my desk so I don't use that now.

Edit - Its the majestic in Kings Lynn, here's a pic of the "big screen", the other screens are smaller but closer and a bit more modern feeling -

15709318628_a45572cac2_b.jpg

Last edited:
If I lived in my place, 5 minute walk. Its only open Fridays & Saturdays. Because I don't - 15 minute drive. I no longer go to the Cinema, the Chain presentations are just too loud. Its a Cinema not a Nightclub #forchristsake :mad:

Back
Top Bottom