• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How long does your PC take to SuperPI 1M !!!!!!

Permabanned
w3bbo said:
<1.6 vcore is for the weak!

Its still a bit of an unknown what vcore will seriously damage these cpu's. My temps are great so that is one worry out of the way. I ran 1.65v through my Opty 170 for a year without problems when the big 'don't go over 1.55v and deffo not 1.6v' was being bandied about. I wouldn't risk it if I couldn't afford to replace it. I don't want to push it too far though, I don't have the balls to go past 1.65...need phase for that imo.

I used 1.85v on mine

Suspended
rkb442 said:
Well as the tittle says how long does your PC take t do a 1M SuperPI test.

Not shure how this thread will go but thought is would be intresting to see peoples results.

If you can post you PC specs please do

Mine takes 34seconds and my specs are in my sig

superpisc0.jpg

:)

strange. i would have thought you would beat me with higher clocked cpu. i got 29sec

opteron [email protected]
2x1gb g.skill HZ
x1800xt
DFI ultra-D

Associate
piiicopperminejz6.png

Can't compete with that Dual Core PPro, but I bet its processor was never found at scrap yard, slightly corroded, then resurrected from dead with a soldering iron :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
Its plugged into what is essentially a PII QDI board based on the BX chipset, and required an unsupported, corporate-customer-request BIOS to recognise a 700 or 750MHz Coppermine based PIII :)

112MHz is as far as the FSB will go, otherwise this processor would likely be good for ~1GHz (need for a PCI divider non-withstanding).

Hey, it all makes a difference ;)

Man of Honour
G550 said:
Can't compete with that Dual Core PPro, but I bet its processor was never found at scrap yard, slightly corroded, then resurrected from dead with a soldering iron :eek:

Its not dual core, its just two PPro 200Mhz's :D

And it was found in a skip, no soldering irons, but it did have 2 cm of caked on dirt and years of skin and hairs inside it :eek:

Still it does the job no fans tho :)

Associate
Biffa said:
Still it does the job no fans tho :)
Yeah, I've got a fanless Pentium Pro lying around somewhere... When I get back to Leeds I'll resurrect it and run Superpi on it, bet it'll beat yours!:D

Gotta say, the noise the HDD makes in that thing makes up for the lack of fans and then some!:p

Associate
just done it on my amd 2600xp baton core :D 1gb value ram :D

took 57seconds :) am tempted to fire up me old p133mhz with 64mb ram i got on floor as doorstop to see what it does lol

Man of Honour
manveruppd said:
Yeah, I've got a fanless Pentium Pro lying around somewhere... When I get back to Leeds I'll resurrect it and run Superpi on it, bet it'll beat yours!:D

Gotta say, the noise the HDD makes in that thing makes up for the lack of fans and then some!:p

If its SCSI like mine then I can imagine, actually I think its compaq power supply (original) is the loudest.

Soldato
rkb442 said:
sorry to be of topic but could you tell me or give me a link to where you got that skin/them from. Thanks :)

Erm, thats the bog-standard XP Theme mate... I get the same anyway if I use it.

Listen... how have you managed 2.95 on your Opty mate?

I can stretch to 2.48Ghz before I need to play serious, but I seem to be at a max of 2.6.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom