How long is your work commute?

Soldato
Just about to change jobs so my 600 miles a week is dropping to an hour each way into Derby so I should spend a lot less time in the car from now on

Associate
Leaving home and arriving at the office, 1hour, 45mins.

Fortunately, work is very flexible and I often work from home, which is a godsend given South West Trains is such a lottery. If there is an incident or break down it has taken 3+ hours to get home (or worse yet, stranded, so either a Hotel or Taxi are the only options).

Man of Honour
from bed to my chair :D wfh every single day... offsetting some of the carbon you guys are produce by using car!! ;)

I sometimes wonder whether companies should have some responsibility in this respect i.e. where possible having people do 4 days but longer hours rather than 5 days of shorter hours would reduce the amount of pollution generated during commuting - though obviously not always possible depending on job role and company structure and so on and some people might use the extra day off doing something involving driving anyhow. But there is a fair bit of potential structure changes that could be done towards that end.

Soldato
20 minute drive and a 15-20 minute walk. It's only a 6 mile journey but it's into Manchester City centre so plenty of traffic to contend with.

I'd love to live 4-5 miles further out as you can get a much bigger property in a more rural location but I just despise spending hours travelling to work. #firstworldproblems

Man of Honour
The views on my commute are rather nice. Perfect way to start and end the day really.

rps20190919_093426_135.jpg

Associate
I drive from Lincoln to Humberside airport (50 mins). Then park up and get flown via helicopter offshore (80-120 miles depending where the SoV is) for another 45 mins. Thankfully there and back is every 2 weeks.

Man of Honour
People with a sub 15min drive, why not just walk? Lack of footpaths?

60mins if I’m lucky with connections, 80mins most days but I take the long way around London to avoid zone one. If the northern line and overground are down then it’s easily 2+ hours

Back
Top Bottom