My Gaming Rig "Xp/Vista64"
Server PC nxt to gaming rig "Xp"
Wife`s laptop "XP"
HTPC under tv "XP"
Net book "Xp"
x2 500gig NAS box

all networked "hardwired" thru rj45`s or powerpoints

Soldato
laptop (Which will be classed as my main rig, but when I eventually get a new pc it will just be for surfin),
another laptop which im going to make into a picture frame (but its a backup),
backup rig (which works but is pretty old and is just in storage)
server all my backups, photos, other peoples backups
new rig soon to be bought here at good old ocuk :D

Soldato
my old pc is in the loft without a working PSU, is an old amd 2200+ ~1.6Ghz though so I don't think theres much worth doing to it :p. I have quite a few in the house (parents and two brothers) but I only have my current build and the old build (in a £10 spiderman case :D).

Associate
My laptop - my main system while I get the cash for a desktop, at which point it'll become the backup for when I make changes to the desktop.

My netbook - for when at uni (beats an a4 pad and a biro), and travelling

Desktop PC - the family's P4 box, I rarely touch it unless I need a quick email check as I'm passing through and it's already on.

Sister's new laptop - her general use laptop for postgrad essays and ebay etc

Sister's old laptop - aka my linux box. I bung distros on occasionally when I want to poke around with the old penguin. Also used for my brother when all the other machines are in use.

My old laptop- currently in pieces since I couldn't repair the monitor.

= 6 at the moment.

Soldato
In order of amount of usage :
MacBook Pro - used for everything apart from gaming
Mac mini - download box and internet-y stuff
PC (Core 2) - used for gaming only and some media storage
Old PC (P4) - Not used but still works.

Soldato
Roughly around 17 in total including 3 media pcs, 2 game rigs, 2 test beds, 2 work machines, 3 laptops, 1 netbook and 2 machines built but not doing anything (out of spares etc), oh and 2 servers not doing anything in a cupboard and 4 old machines in the loft but not fully working order.

IU am a hoarder!!

Associate
I've the rig in me sig, and my old Athlon XP rig is sat in the cornerdoing nothing. Also have dad/mums P4 661 which I only touch if i need something printing, and sister's got 2 laptops.

Would really like to get the athlon rig running running again as a silent box-in-the-cupboard server but can't afford to replace the stupidly noisy psu, and vista wont talk to it anyway with it running XP.

Back
Top Bottom