Poll: How many games do you finish?

How many games that you start do you finish?

• Total voters
Permabanned
Agree with you re. pointless filler side quests, Unisoft are the worst for this, I burnt out on the AC games trying to do all the fetch quests and collect 48 million pointless little items.

There are some exceptions, I've just finished HZD, and found the side missions worthwhile, added nicely to the lore, and the majority of them were a bit more interesting than just "go here and speak to X/kill Y for reasons". The Witcher 3 was another game where I actually enjoyed the side missions rather than just doing them because they were in my quest log
Yep, especially in AC and FC! I used to like Ass Creed, now it's just been rinsed to death, I nearly finished the 3rd one after the 2nd ones dlc bonus ps exclusive and then they changed the control system/plot and it ran like aids so I just cba, the pirate one looked awesome, but it's just too much too many times too many eras, you simply cannot keep doing it all over again per history plot, I think the best way would be to just pick a new era once every 5 years of all the games out currently and just do that, but I can't see myself ever doing it again.

They ruined Watch Dogs with the 2nd one and it's overly forced social media bs as with Postman Pat Simulator Death Stranding - and I'm a BIG Kojima fan boy, and was fuming with this, i've put about 30 hours in split across 2 attempts to play it and just knew it should have been a live action movie with it's awesome cast and not a repetitive stupid dull game, I cannot believe he made that. That's THE only game ive given up on knowing the juice simply isn't worth the squeeze, the reviews really annoyed me as well.

Yeah TW3 is awesome, I did a fair few but yeah the main stuff or main character related side stuff is fine, but I will not do the NPC on the street filler junk. Loved both DLC's too, espesh the 2nd one offt!

I hate it when 'lore' is just stop what you're doing and read stupid amounts of scroling text, what a cheap lazy bit of filler content, they CLEARLY cba to pay someone to read it, such a blatant cash saving scam imho, no one wants to just stop and stand in the corner of somewhere and read and scroll through loads, especially in a silly little windowed box, I wanna listen to it whilst I'm exploring/looting. Not just stop and waste my own time, it's so anti climatic as well! Just stops you dead for 9/10 times utter drivel.

Soldato
Yep, especially in AC and FC! I used to like Ass Creed, now it's just been rinsed to death, I nearly finished the 3rd one after the 2nd ones dlc bonus ps exclusive and then they changed the control system/plot and it ran like aids so I just cba, the pirate one looked awesome, but it's just too much too many times too many eras, you simply cannot keep doing it all over again per history plot, I think the best way would be to just pick a new era once every 5 years of all the games out currently and just do that, but I can't see myself ever doing it again.

I struggled through Syndicate, found it the most boring of the lot. Started Origins, and while I find the setting interesting, it's just the same old thing, over and over. I really want to play Valhalla because I love the setting, and Norse lore and mythology, but even though it's been on sale quite a few times, I just can't bring myself to buy it because I know it's just going to be the same thing.

Black Flag is actually the standout game of the series for me, as the ship combat added a whole new dimension to the game, plus the Caribbean just looks so lush and vibrant - I'm hoping they do end making the much rumoured remake with some nice HDR scenery :)

I hate it when 'lore' is just stop what you're doing and read stupid amounts of scroling text, what a cheap lazy bit of filler content, they CLEARLY cba to pay someone to read it, such a blatant cash saving scam imho, no one wants to just stop and stand in the corner of somewhere and read and scroll through loads, especially in a silly little windowed box, I wanna listen to it whilst I'm exploring/looting. Not just stop and waste my own time, it's so anti climatic as well! Just stops you dead for 9/10 times utter drivel.

HZD did this really well, with a mixture of audio recordings, holograms and text logs (which were mostly just a couple of paragraphs rather than huge blocks of text).

Permabanned
I struggled through Syndicate, found it the most boring of the lot. Started Origins, and while I find the setting interesting, it's just the same old thing, over and over. I really want to play Valhalla because I love the setting, and Norse lore and mythology, but even though it's been on sale quite a few times, I just can't bring myself to buy it because I know it's just going to be the same thing.

Black Flag is actually the standout game of the series for me, as the ship combat added a whole new dimension to the game, plus the Caribbean just looks so lush and vibrant - I'm hoping they do end making the much rumoured remake with some nice HDR scenery :)

HZD did this really well, with a mixture of audio recordings, holograms and text logs (which were mostly just a couple of paragraphs rather than huge blocks of text).
I 110% agree with everything you've just said!

Yeah loved HZD and the sequel. So good. I didn't think I'd like it because of the mech dino's etc but as soon as I realised it's people been taken back to basic stuff due to history repeating etc and these mechs survived etc... I was fine with it, and it really is a beautiful game even on the ps4, which I did both on, now I've got it on the PC and am trying to push myself to do it.

Soldato
It's rare I complete a game, If there are Boss Levels I usually end up rage quitting before the end (I hate Boss Level's with a passion and if games gave you the option of skipping them but get some demeaning achievement I'd take it every time), but all I need from a game is enough play time to be happy with the cost.

Soldato
I have a very large back catalogue of games as just starting gaming again but I am determined to work my way through them and complete what I start.

ATM I am working through Mass Effect Legendary but plan to do the COD series (original 2006 one is done and installed COD2), Arkham series, Tomb Raider series (modern), Shadow of Mordor series, Assassins Creed series.

Associate
Just finished Horizon Zero Dawn at the weekend, and loved every minute of it. Normally finish the Assassins Creed games - Origins was perfect, but Odyssey just felt like a grind.

Normally play in normal difficulty to have a little challenge but to see the story as well. Time is too short to have a Dark Souls experience and only see the first bosses.

Man of Honour
Tough to put a percentage on it, I guess its probably the 51-75% bracket. Would be nice to complete more of the games I play but I play soooo many that I dont always finish them up. I played almost 100 games in 2022 for example, thats like 8 different games a month, some are new some are re-plays. I'd say that I generally complete 100% of the co-op games that I play but less so when they are single player games which no doubt brings the overall % down

Associate
ive probably finished 95%+ of all the games ive ever played i reckon, unless its been so bad ive refunded it through Steam where i buy most games. i dont always complete them on the first try though, Witcher 3 took 4 attempts for example. Also definitely buy more than i play though, mostly cheap/ on sale /indie games that look fun. Very rare i buy full priced games these days.

Last edited:
Associate
Last game a finished was Halo infinite co op last year. It had been years before I finished a game before that. I either get bored beforehand or play games that don’t really finish like Football Manager.

Soldato
I would say above 90% but I'm the opposite of a binger. A single player game can take me up to 2-3 years or even more to finish.

Soldato
Complete most but my gaming time is limited so I don't get to play a lot of games. Good news is by the time I'm ready for them I can get them cheap, complete editions and hopefully bug free or some very good complimentary mods for them.

Associate
I used to be terrible for not finishing games. I'd play every game for 3-4 hours and think "ah yeah I've seen enough of this to know what's what" and then move onto the next.
The last few years though something in my brain changed and now I finish most of them, even if I am actively hating the experience. I don't know which is worse! lol

ne0

ne0

Associate
Most of them, even the crap ones. I can't not finish a game that I've paid good money for. If a game is half decent then I will always finish it even if it's just out of curiosity.

Associate
I generally take my time and finish games if they are good (currently playing ghost of tsushima) however if I come across a game where it's just rubbish and/or terrible story with no decent gameplay then ill just give up on it

Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I generally take my time and finish games if they are good (currently playing ghost of tsushima) however if I come across a game where it's just rubbish and/or terrible story with no decent gameplay then ill just give up on it

Pretty much this. I pushed through to complete Uncharted 4 after buying Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection.

The gameplay was just so boring to me. I managed to get it done but could not play the 2nd game included in the collection. Not putting myself through that! :cry:

Back
Top Bottom