How many of you use Safari on everything?

Man of Honour
After setting up a new laptop I decided to give Safari another go. One major issue I've found is that is seems to have an issue with audio when consuming YouTube content at higher speeds. Chrome deals with the audio fine with these settings.
I have experienced lower audio quality on things like Twitch, I tend to switch to Edge for watching videos as it seems to deal with the audio much better..

Associate
I tend to go back and forth between Safari and Chrome-currently using the latter on all my devices.

Just something about being able to go between all my devices including my work laptop/PC and then on my Apple gear makes using Chrome very useful.

Si.

Si.

Soldato
I now daily drive a MBP at work and use Safari for everything with one exception, Microsoft portals. I find that some of the Microsoft azure and O365 portals don’t work correctly in Safari.

Everything else works great.

Soldato
anyone else notice a change in performance on Safari for their hardware?

Since I updated my home internet with a MESH system (which was done today) my Safari tabs, opening and closing them seem snappier swell as my browsing?

Surely a MESH system couldn't have an effect on this?

Soldato
OP
Heh. I'm such an idiot. Figured out how to make the text cursor active in the address bar by default when you open a new tab or window. That makes things so much easier.

Associate
Do you use it on iPhone?

I agree, I used to use Chrome but no longer. I find Edge a clean browser and has pretty much all the extensions available.

Man of Honour
Think I might stop using Edge as my secondary browser, Microsoft seem insistent on ******* it up by adding stuff no one asks for and without any way of removing it.

Associate
The only Apple device I use is an Ipad managed by my employer, I can say without hesitation that iOS safari is by far the worst browser I've ever used, tons of usually-standard features missing, slow, buggy, just awful. It's the latest ipad with everything up to date too. Firefox (on my home PC) and chrome/edge (on the work PCs) are much better by comparison, even safari on MacOS is way better.

Man of Honour
The only Apple device I use is an Ipad managed by my employer, I can say without hesitation that iOS safari is by far the worst browser I've ever used, tons of usually-standard features missing, slow, buggy, just awful. It's the latest ipad with everything up to date too. Firefox (on my home PC) and chrome/edge (on the work PCs) are much better by comparison, even safari on MacOS is way better.
That's likely something your IT department is doing as Safari runs like a dream on my iPad.

Back
Top Bottom