How many of you use Safari on everything?

Soldato
Brave.....every day, all day long.
The same here. I'm a multi-platform user so I prefer to use a browser that works across everything.

Only thing that really frustrates me is the sync chain method of synchronising bookmarks on Brave. Just can't be bothered with it.

Soldato
The same here. I'm a multi-platform user so I prefer to use a browser that works across everything.

Only thing that really frustrates me is the sync chain method of synchronising bookmarks on Brave. Just can't be bothered with it.

I also got frustrated across multiple platforms, as I have both MacOS and Linux devices, so I also have a home server with which I've hosted a 'homepage' for my devices that has all my bookmark links on it (and other useful info). This means I don't need to sync across browsers (just set the homepage) and works pretty well. I'd bet there's some cloud versions of that you could get as well but I just use it at home and periodically copy them to iOS for mobile. My bookmarks don't change often.

I'm using Safari on Mac, though this is becoming increasingly difficult as my MacBook is still on Big Sur and no longer getting updates, and then Firefox on Linux as even though Brave would probably perform better, I think it's really important we keep other browsers and engines alive for the sake of competition. Plus it isn't bad and I found brave a little bloated with things I didn't need.

Soldato
Vivaldi (Chromium/Blink based) is my go-to, as it just works and supports a load of extensions. Safari has been relegated to web dev/site checking mostly because it's a bit finicky with some of the HTTP standards (file chunking etc), doesn't support latest web features/standards and limited extension support.

Associate
I switched back to Brave on desktop and MacBook about a month ago, and recently on my iPhone. Been using it for a few months on Android too. No issues and find it great to use on all platforms so far!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The cookie handling is superb, I rarely get any annoying pop ups or consent forms to fill out using Brave. There are a few Safari extensions but none come close. About the only thing I miss is auto fill for 2FA from text messages/Mail as an example.

Soldato
Still far too many red flags for Brave for me to use, especially from the person who runs the damn thing. Hopefully things have changed, but once the trust is broke it’s difficult to restore.

Soldato
My only bug bear with Safari is sometimes payments fail to go through the verification with bank process.

Not sure what’s causing it, perhaps private relay?, backup browser Firefox works fine.

Soldato
OP
I'm still on Chrome. I hardly ever use Apple Pay on the web as I keep everything using PayPal but whenever I go out I use Apple Pay for everything with my Apple Watch. I haven't needed a wallet at all since I got the watch last year.

Back
Top Bottom