• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

how much better is the 7970 over the 670?

Associate
If you have it
all under 1 tag
then you would have to return the whole system under the warranty, whereas build it yourself and if something goes wrong you only return the faulty part and can still possibly use the system, depending on the faulty component. Buying local is great if you can, just makes it easier if things go wrong rather than relying on courier. unfortunately for me north of the border that isn't an option. The first pc i built in 2006 was from parts bought at ocuk, a couple of years later a maxtor hdd died. OCUK sorted the rma after a quick phone call and me sending it back i received replacement in a couple of weeks

Permabanned
OP
I dunno how? If the card breaks i just return the card it doesnt work like that at all lol.

I would love to buy locally but even my local PC shop big name! Doesnt have good warranty but it is only 10 min drive, they have given me a good quote also but this is their warranty;

STANDARD WARRANTY: 3 Year Labour, 1 Year Parts, 1 Month Collect and Return plus Life-Time Technical Support.

Does this mean if after 1 year the card goes **** up its not covered? Or will it go off the 3 year warranty on the card? I dont understand it.

Associate
I have had experience of pre-built where they want the complete system back to run their own tests to determine which component is a fault, they dont always trust the customers diagnosis of the problem.

I think i know who your local pc builder is, they built my current system, i have had it nearly 4 years now and have never had problems, i can say that they were brilliant with support throughout build and delivery, my friend bought a system from them last year and they were helpful with after sales service for his overclocking needs.

However they are expensive these days, at the time when i bought from them i had no time for self build and the price was only £100 more than me buying and assembling myself. I will be doing self build for my next system, between the length of warranty on hardware and the rma support from ocuk i wouldnt hesitate.

Im not sure exactly how the warranty terms work, i would suggest you ask them, their forum is an easy place to find answers.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Thanks grizzla,

Im in touch with them now but they dont stock some of the parts i want, case ect!

I know i like OCUK they handle everything so fast so im trying to reduce the price on the quote i got from them lol.

Associate
out of interest i specced a system with them and couldnt get anywhere near the £1142 you mentioned earlier, unles you were looking at the price exc. VAT in which case you are looking at £1370 inc. VAT

Soldato
out of interest i specced a system with them and couldnt get anywhere near the £1142 you mentioned earlier, unles you were looking at the price exc. VAT in which case you are looking at £1370 inc. VAT

Nah its £1170 with a 7970 i did a custom spec and they have given me nearly £100 discount so thats nice ;)

But grizzla is saying he can't get anywhere near the spec with them that you've quoted.

Permabanned
OP
Well i can and ill send him the link?

Can you Private message on here?

Its even with this case and its only £1177!!

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-115-TT&groupid=2362&catid=2044&subcat=

£15 extra for the white version lol? I do like both but this is the best deal ive had so far that case is like £200 alone!!

With the HAF X its £1096

This is with delivery and VAT too so its decent.

I told you i shop around, this is why i dont order like people say "ohhh you take ages to pick a pc" but ive just saved myself £130 by doing so :|

Last edited:
Associate
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom