How much did it cost you get married?

Soldato
Surprizing how many men get hen pecked into paying a fortune for a wedding when this money could be better spent on doing up a home, ok if you have the money pour down the drain, but in the real world it could be spent on better things.

Associate
Mines booked for August 2016. Atm it's lookin around 15k + honeymoon on top.

Will be at South lodge in Horsham. I always had the thought of having a cheap wedding but when I started looking St venues I couldn't help but want the best for me and the fiancé!

Caporegime
To be honest the best way to have a wedding is in some country where the currency is weak. For example, in South Africa, a mate of mine had a wedding which cost about £3k for 30ish people.

This included full catering, bubbly, a location which was simply out of this world (it was in a place called Sabie, with a waterfall in the background), band, overnight accommodation and even a valet. Best wedding I've ever been to.

Caporegime
17K but there were aprox 2300 guests.. that's what happens with weddings in India..

QaKtCmo.jpg

I got invited to an Indian wedding once, an old colleague who had left the company some months prior. I do regret not going - I had limited holiday left and it was relatively short notice, plus would have cost a few grand in flights/hotels - he just dropped an e-mail to a few of us to say we'd be very welcome to fly over and attend. Thing was more of a multi-day party than a single wedding event - in more than one Indian city too - would have involved an internal flight too... Whole thing sounded pretty epic though - seems they do like big big parties over here.

Associate
About a grand. Mate is a photographer and done some of my own, others were requested to provide services rather than provide a gift.

Divorce cost me about £5k, but that was to set her up with somewhere to live as I then kept the house.

Caporegime
What's with all the people? Makes no damn sense. Probably only knew a fraction of them. :eek:

in a culture where having quite a few kids is normal you could, in theory, hit a few thousand just with the siblings and first cousins of the bride and groom's parents and the offspring of those siblings and cousins

Man of Honour
Mines booked for August 2016. Atm it's lookin around 15k + honeymoon on top.

Will be at South lodge in Horsham. I always had the thought of having a cheap wedding but when I started looking St venues I couldn't help but want the best for me and the fiancé!

You're marrying a bloke?

Back
Top Bottom