How much did it cost you get married?

Soldato
About £2000 for everything in Cyprus.

How does that work then, do you just book the wedding package on their website and turn up on the day and everything is ready. Could you go over there literally with nothing and they would have dresses and suits ready for you?

Caporegime
The ceremony was $300 or so, but we got flowers, a limo, all sorts of tat. We could've gotten the Elvis package for a hundred more but that was cheesy ('cos getting married in Vegas isn't amirite?). Packages started at around $100 I think.

The rest of the holiday cost me a bloody fortune and the rest of my life.

Associate
I went to a wedding once which I'm told was on the high end of 1XXk. Most extravagant wedding I have ever been to, but two things struck me.

The bride and groom only knew about 2% of the people who attended.

The groom didn't spend any time with his bride. Though that might have been a cultural thing.

As a guest did I enjoy the wedding? Most definitely I have never eaten so well at a wedding in my life. Would I recommend spending that much money? Hell no!!!!

Associate
Agree with this sentiment, it's amazing how much people blow on a wedding, one single day, when the money would be so much better spent on a hundred other things. I know a guy who spent over 50k on a wedding, and he is not exactly rolling in it (though he did have help from wifes parents). The mind boggles.

PS: Yes I do understand the notion of romance and general female psychology, but still...

And then on top of that you have the divorce settlement for those unlucky few. :eek:

Man of Honour
Never ever skimp money on the rings or photographer, best advice I ever heard and it's v true. Save money elsewhere.

Mine was nothing, hers was £22 and the photography was free.
Like most married couples our album went up into the attic 12 months later.

The best pictures I saw was a wedding where they gave out cheap cameras and everybody took pictures and gave the cameras back.

Caporegime
Mine was nothing, hers was £22 and the photography was free.
Like most married couples our album went up into the attic 12 months later.

The best pictures I saw was a wedding where they gave out cheap cameras and everybody took pictures and gave the cameras back.

This, a million times this. I also went to a wedding a few years ago where each table had a disposable jobbie on it and the door had a bucket for people to chuck them in after the event.

Some of the photos were excellent, no photographer could've caught those moments.

Soldato
Some of these figures are mental. I - if I ever do decide that I want to get married - just want a small ceremony for close family & friends to be in attendance, followed by a small meal and a few drinks. Then off for the honeymoon. If she doesn't agree, she isn't the one. :p

Caporegime
My eldest has just bought a wedding invite in for one of her mates and apparently they cost £10 each - WTF?

I'd tell them right where to shove it. If the couple aren't financially well endowed then there are other ways to go about it. Charging a fee for a wedding?

Kindly do one.

Back
Top Bottom