How much exercise a week

Caporegime
How the hell do people find the time do this?

Do you guys actually have a real job?

By not having a life outside of work/exercise, though given that I enjoy the exercise/sports I do, I guess it is a good life. Currently only doing <10 hours a week due to my fractured ankle/torn ligaments. Aim to be back to my 20+ after Christmas.

5 sessions in the gym each lasting 1.5 hours. That's ample for me.

20 hours!! I take it this is long distance running for a forthcoming event?
Not any in particular no. Though my aim was to get into ultrarunning, somewhat curtailed by fracturing my ankle. Still, this time next year..

Soldato
You guys do a seriously impressive amount of exercise. I do about 40 mins 3-4 times a week and thought I was way above normal. Judging by this thread I'm a relative couch potato.

Bear in mind that the people who are posting in here are those that actually exercise. The vast majority probably do nothing and don't post about it.

Soldato
Bear in mind that the people who are posting in here are those that actually exercise. The vast majority probably do nothing and don't post about it.

I think there is partial truth to this. However I'm surprised personally by how many people I know at Uni who go to the Gym. Even only once/twice a week...

Then again, Students tend to have a lot of free time on their hands..

kd

Associate
90 mins of 6 aside footy on a monday.
90 mins of Tae Kwon Do on a thursday.
Walk the dog a few miles every day.

Although body is starting to pack up as now have a groin strain which is hindering most sport (and sleeping too tbh).

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
60 minutes of running/pressups/situps/squat thrusts etc three times a week (very hard work, I'm completely spent at the end) plus as many pressups as I can manage every day.

Soldato
daft question from me, recently had to register with docs after moving house, was asked about exercise and said that i haven't found any exercise i enjoy doing enough to keep me doing it.

do you enjoy what you all do ?

Soldato
daft question from me, recently had to register with docs after moving house, was asked about exercise and said that i haven't found any exercise i enjoy doing enough to keep me doing it.

Yep.

Football is brilliant, occassional raquet sports I love, and I get a kick out of running. Go through phases of loving/hating the gym so tend to only go in really bad weather when running isn't much of an option.

Soldato

Cardio no.

Weight/Resistance training no, at first. After a few months I found myself enjoying it.. not in the sense of oh man I so can't wait to get to the gym but when I was there, I found myself relaxed a lot more than being at home. It was somewhat like stress relief but I'm probably in a minority there!

Soldato
barely any proper exercise but on average i ride my push bike 30-50 miles per week, and maybe upto 10 miles per week walking when i go out on a walk about with my camera

Back
Top Bottom