how much money do you spend per week..

Man of Honour
2n1v0n6.jpg

I'd remove that fella. I just got suspended for calling somebody out.

Soldato
Averaged over a month or so, I spend around £40/week solely on food & drink for myself, but this doesn't include eating out as I'd class that more as recreational spending.

It's a comfortable amount- I don't skimp and make sure I eat a balanced, healthy diet with decent portions. I also shop about every ten days or so rather than every seven, but I've adjusted my figure to take this into account.

I'm sad enough to have made a spreadsheet for my food spending too :p

Soldato
We eat well and like to try new foods, so we do spend quite a lot on fresh ingredients each week. At the mo we spend about £70 a week for the two of us. We've taken to trying our best to not go to the supermarket one week in a month, to try use up the stuff we have in the freezer etc. The price of shopping seems to be going up and up.

Associate
When 1 pepper costs 80p I have no idea how people can spend <£25 for a weeks food. I probably spend £25 just at the canteen at work! Not a fatty just everything is expensive nowadays.

Man of Honour
Me and my girlfriend spend about £60-100 per week at the very most.

My auntie (who is a bit odd) spends roughly £500 per week on food for a family of four. The bizarre thing is they don't even eat very much! It's just ridiculously expensive fancy stuff that no doubt ends up going to waste.

Soldato
My auntie (who is a bit odd) spends roughly £500 per week on food for a family of four. The bizarre thing is they don't even eat very much! It's just ridiculously expensive fancy stuff that no doubt ends up going to waste.

Where does she shop? Maybe she drinks like Madame Bollinger?

Caporegime
Same here. We eat almost exclusively fresh food and only free range meat and eggs. Our £55/week between us also includes at least one bottle of wine as well, that's why I was surprised it was so low!

Have you changed the way you shop then, I remember before you said you bought all your meat and froze it, filling a freezer up?
Do you now find that cheaper, less waste?

When 1 pepper costs 80p I have no idea how people can spend <£25 for a weeks food. I probably spend £25 just at the canteen at work! Not a fatty just everything is expensive nowadays.

I know, when I consider my pack up for the week and the mrs salad for work it would come to more than £25 a week easily. I reckon we are easily doing £15 a week just on fruit. Probably more now my son is in the equation.

I give tesco about £600 a month but I'm not sure how much of that would break down as food. I might keep receipts and work it out next month.

Last edited:
Soldato
must spend around £60-£80 per week for two adults and a child.

We eat a fair amount of chicken etc. Thing is its nearly as expensive eating for one due to the portion size and cost, we also spend around £10-20 a week on a take away.

food has gone up massivly recently. I was shoping yesterday and notcied things had gone up from 3.20 to 3.99!! this puts your bill up super quick

Man of Honour
About £50 for me alone for a week on average. Some weeks maybe 40, others 60. Just depends on what I need to replen.

That includes breakfast foods, lunches, and dinner, plus all other bits 'n' pieces I snack on.

Associate
I'm not certain but I have a feeling that the Sainsbury's food in question may have to be bought in bulk and then divied out? Like, a big bag of rice would last a month or something.

Two of us spend 45-60 pounds a week. I hate the Mrs insisting on proper meals. Sarnie and a glass of water would do me :(

Soldato
With a combination of breakfasts and lunches bought during the week, and an average of three meals in per week, two take aways and two restaurant trips, I'm actually embarrassed to say what I spend each week on food and drink... and that's before I take alcohol spending into consideration!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom