How often do you get a Dominos pizza? (Seventeen year old thread bump warning)

Commissario
I like Asda's create your own & usually go there as it's closer. Morrisons is great though and will go if I'm on my way home from work
Useful tip. If you like a pepperoni pizza, don’t get a pepperoni from their counter but use the create your own and just ask for pepperoni. You get a lot more.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Useful tip. If you like a pepperoni pizza, don’t get a pepperoni from their counter but use the create your own and just ask for pepperoni. You get a lot more.

And if you get friendly with the counter staff the pizzas usually end up with so much topping it would make the accountants cry.

Associate
Prefer Papa John's by a small amount, but only a couple of times a year between the two - I'd usually either cook something or snack from the cupboard.
Got one a couple of weeks ago after a gig because a mate was staying over and was hungry (PJs was shut), otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

Way too expensive these days and having worked as a delivery driver for 5 years, I found the £3 delivery fee quite out of order (as I'm sure the driver would have seen very little of it!).

UTT

UTT

Associate
I like Asda's create your own & usually go there as it's closer. Morrisons is great though and will go if I'm on my way home from work

Else it's either the local pizza place or Costco if we're feeding guests.
Plus 1 for asda

I go a step further and get just meat on my asda pizza, then add sliced onions, peppers, mushrooms and chilli's to it, a glug of chilli oil and in the oven......bootiful

Soldato
And if you get friendly with the counter staff the pizzas usually end up with so much topping it would make the accountants cry.

We love the sizzler and it's great when they have none left and I can flirt with the lady behind the counter and get a nice fresh one with the toppings piled up :D

Tend to fire up the Ooni when we really want decent pizza, takes a bit (lots) more prep, but the results are worthwhile.

As far as dominos... Our local is awful, we haven't had it for about 4 years, takes 40 mins to deliver and is always cold despite being 2 mins drive away, so we get pizza hut instead, maybe once every 6 months.

Last time we had Dominos it was £40 for 2 medium pizzas and 2 chicken sides, and that was on a deal!?

Caporegime
We love the sizzler and it's great when they have none left and I can flirt with the lady behind the counter and get a nice fresh one with the toppings piled up :D

Tend to fire up the Ooni when we really want decent pizza, takes a bit (lots) more prep, but the results are worthwhile.

As far as dominos... Our local is awful, we haven't had it for about 4 years, takes 40 mins to deliver and is always cold despite being 2 mins drive away, so we get pizza hut instead, maybe once every 6 months.

Last time we had Dominos it was £40 for 2 medium pizzas and 2 chicken sides, and that was on a deal!?
With you on the Asda sizzler, bloody love those

Soldato
Last time I had a DP was 15 years ago when I was involved in a store refit in London. Work paid for it.

Have a DP 5 min walk away and keep getting their menus. One time I kept about 8 back and posted them through their letter box!

Soldato
I'm not a papa johns convert because there's on a 1 minute drive / 10 minute walk from the house, and their bases are dairy free unlike dominos.

I find they are both hideously expensive but at least our papa johns does a large pizza collected for £11.

Soldato
I find domino’s pretty grim, I’ve eaten a few of them over the years, (usually if there’s a few of us working late at the office or something) to me they all have the same claggy sort of taste.

The cost of them is just insane.

Associate
We had two last month. Ordered one for the first time in a long time as they had an offer on and our usual independent place was closed.

It was so bad I complained and got another one free, which turned out to be even worse. Honestly don't know how they are still going.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think I've eaten 2 in my life , cardboard taste and expensive for what you get.

You realise you're not supposed to eat the box? :p

Last time I had a DP was 15 years ago when I was involved in a store refit in London. Work paid for it.

I must apologise, for this is my new sig.

Soldato
The last time I had one was probably around the time this thread was made. I spent hours on the bog.

Tbh pizza options nowadays are really good and going to domino’s Pizza Hut etc when you live in London should be criminalised. You can get outstanding pizzas in just about any neighbourhood now!

Permabanned
Tbh pizza options nowadays are really good and going to domino’s Pizza Hut etc when you live in London should be criminalised. You can get outstanding pizzas in just about any neighbourhood now!

Agreed. Even something as basic as Pizza Express or Franco Manca is on Deliveroo and a big step up in terms of quality for the same price.

I do occasionally get cravings for Pizza Hut deep pan for nostalgia’s sake though!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom