How old are you and how often do you see your parents?

Associate
Gulp! 49 for a few more months.

I visit my Mum every 4 weeks or so on average. She is 73 and lives about 50 miles away. I do a few odd jobs for her, fixing things etc and then I usually take her out somewhere for a little potter about and a cup of tea and slice of cake.

Soldato
My mum brought me up on her own, no way I would ever shrug her off, will always have the time for her, same as she has always had time for me.

I'm 26 now but i left home at 19. Guess I see her once a week. We both work a lot so I mainly a text or call every couple of days to.

My dad died at just 48, I was 20. I drove past his house on the 26th September thinking should I pop in and see him seen as I was going past, anyway I shrugged it off. 28th of september my Nana rang me in tears saying she has just found him dead. He had massive pulmary embalism (blood clot traveled to his heart) and suspected he died on the 27th.

I always think to my self, wonder if I had just popped in, maybe I would have noticed he wasn't well and got him to the doctors or even just to have 1 more chat with him.

Sorry to put a down on things but it certainly makes me think about things now. I try to see loved ones as much as possible now as you just do not know what is around the corner.

Man of Honour
I'm 27 and every couple of months. Normally timed with birthdays, Christmas, etc. It's a 450 mile round trip so it's not like we can just pop over on a whim, although in a few days we should be only 10 minutes away hopefully!

Man of Honour
47 and rarely these days. Mum and Dad live apart but both in Devon. Try and speak once a month but busy lives make trips to Devon a challenge.

Associate
Im 22 and see my parents maybe 2 - 4 times a year as they live in a different country. When I dont see them we dont skype or phone or anything. I dont really get on with my mum anyways so its not a big deal. Next time I am visiting I am hoping to stay at somewhere else than their house as my mum will drive me crazy after one day. I miss my dad though a lot and wish I saw him more often.

My partners family we see more than I would like but I do like them a lot. Its just I would have other things to do than sit around in their house (they havent ever visited us).

Soldato
30 I see my mum and dad probably once or twice a month, they don't live together, my dad will be moving to Spain for 2 years soon next to his friends villa, he's not long got back from a 6 month tour of NZ.

Will have to get a cheap flight and go and see him :p

Still speak to them on phone etc

Soldato
34. My dad died unfortunately 13 years ago. See mum usually once a week as she has a new partner and also my sister and her kids live with her so she is always too busy dealing with them. My families crap at keeping in touch - I'm always the one making the effort except with my nana and granddad as they used to help me do things and visit. See my nana couple of times a week (more important since she lost my granddad and she is on her own now.

Soldato
I'm 35 and over the past few years probably 2-3 times a year.

I'm in London and all my family is up in Manchester so it's not always easy to find the time, but the older I get the more I realise they won't be around forever and I've been trying to make the time to go up for the odd weekend when I can.
I've got a year old nephew up there now as well so would like him to grow up knowing who the hell I am too!

Caporegime
Late 20's and I see them on a somewhat irregular basis.
Can see my dad a few times in a single week or not for a year depending on where we both are in the world.

Longest I've gone without seeing him was two years then he walked in the house whilst I was making breakfast and we picked up a conversation we'd been having before he left.

My mum lives less than a mile away and can go for a month without seeing her or see her every day in a week.

Associate
I'm 24, soon to be 25. I only moved out (with my girlfriend) for the first time in November, but I have text conversations with them both semi-regularly and see them every 2-3 weeks. I'd still be living at home if I wasn't working, so the reason I don't see them more is due to work and spending time with my girlfriend on weekends that she has off.

My girlfriend is American so she only gets to see her parents a few times a year. We're going to Seattle next Friday to see them actually.

Back
Top Bottom