How to getthe best out of Octopus Flux

@bigmike20vt but was you already being paid for exports by Octopus? Thats what seems to make the difference, if you're exports are with another company it takes time to transfer things over, if already with Octopus its quick.
Yep, pretty much this. Speaking to them on the phone they have said it is taking weeks at the moment due to the backlog.

All in all its been pretty frustrating. It took 4 weeks to join them in the first place due to issues with their systems thinking we were still with them after leaving 3 years ago. Then another 3 weeks for them to read our electric smart meter (gas still not talking to them) and now already a week and counting waiting for the export to be set up. I've been at this since early April now. It'll be past the longest day by the time it's done :rolleyes:

Are you guys still charging your batteries in the evening when the weather is so nice?
Not in the evening, I export down 45% in the peak period, once that's hit it exports excess solar until 7pm, by then there's not much solar and house loads are about 1kW.

Still charge between 2am and 5am, but not at full power, usually draw 21 kWh in that three hour period, which gets me to about 80% SOC.

Not in the evening, I export down 45% in the peak period, once that's hit it exports excess solar until 7pm, by then there's not much solar and house loads are about 1kW.

Still charge between 2am and 5am, but not at full power, usually draw 21 kWh in that three hour period, which gets me to about 80% SOC.
sorry that's what I meant in the evening - 2am-5am. :D

I just got my bill and I'm £70 in profit, but still using over £80 of Electricity, and I wonder if I'd save some cash by not charging at night. It only dropped to 59% over night.

sorry that's what I meant in the evening - 2am-5am. :D

I just got my bill and I'm £70 in profit, but still using over £80 of Electricity, and I wonder if I'd save some cash by not charging at night. It only dropped to 59% over night.

As before, charging at night protects you from a day of poor solar, and it also leapfrogs the battery SOC so you export earlier.

If you don't, then if it's cloudy/rainy you may run out and be drawing from the grid instead, which is way worse.

Just had message from octopus. Sorry we can't connect but as you're on seg you can send us your readings to be laid at 4.1p per unit. Er no you can pay me the correct rate thank and then exchange my meter.

Just had message from octopus. Sorry we can't connect but as you're on seg you can send us your readings to be laid at 4.1p per unit. Er no you can pay me the correct rate thank and then exchange my meter.
They wont pay you flux rate, as they need half hourly readings from your meter. It does state that when you sign up

They wont pay you flux rate, as they need half hourly readings from your meter. It does state that when you sign up
Yeah I know have requested they back date at the day rate as I was on flux export according to my account for a month. The fact its taken them 5 weeks since I initially contacted them to finally establish they can't (even though they can get my import figures through this meter... Huh), have complained anyway and said I was on the 15p fixed until they screwed around with my account so minimum I'll be expecting is to be paid at that amount.

Just had my next flux bill......ended £42 in credit

Elec Import - 54.19 kwh = £33.31
Gas Import - 267kwh = £36.50 ( that would be £15 approx on gas tracker)

All including the standing charge

Electric Export - 475kwhs = £112.27

Complaint raised with Octopus, but they have at worst agreed to pay at the 15p rate for the period if they can't retrive my half hour readings, so I won't be so out of pocket, still quite annoying it took them 2 months to realise though.

I wish I was getting 15p, we're still stuck on EDFs SEG. Its now 2½ weeks since we were transferred onto Octopus Flux Import and still no sign of any export. They've got my export MPAN and MCS certificate which I gave them on applying so I've no idea what on Earth are they doing?

Is there anything I should be looking out for on the app or online portal? All it shows at the moment is this:

img host

Back
Top Bottom