How to getthe best out of Octopus Flux

did they do it all for you given they already have all your details. I will likely give it another 3 or 4 weeks but I plan to jump to IO from flux.

Yes kind of, they had to change outgoing to SEG first, then I could do the Go switch online.

Didn't have to reapply for export, though I did need to reapply for outgoing Flux when I moved to that earlier in the year.

I reckon i may give it another week and it may be time to say goodbye to Octopus Flux. It has been a wild 4.5 months but now I have an EV with autumn fast approaching It will make financial sense to stop charging the car at work and start charging at home on IO.

whether i come back to it next spring will depend if octopus mind me doing 5 months on one, 7 months on another.

I don't think there is anything else worth switching to for me, no EV here just solar and battery.
if your battery can cover your 4-7 peak use the. octopus don't offer anything better risk free if you don't have an EV (there is agile and tracker but there is risk there).

do EON accept home battery users onto eon drive? if so give that a look. I am not sure if they do. (octopus used to allow home battery users onto go and go faster but they changed )

Last edited:
Flux still going OK for me, coming out most days a quid or two up even with the import for charging my wife's car overnight. Probably go for another 6 weeks or so as that's when my production started to drop off last year.

Sticking with flux here, no point switching as dont have ev or batteries……4-7 use is minimal as i either cook outside or at 3ish after i finish work. Got love working from home fulltime

I don't have EV so there's no real point.

How many of you use timed export with flux, and how much do you export? The last few days I'm barely breaking even and I can't work out why yet...

I force export about 18kWh at peak rate. Always import 20.5kWh at off peak.

I'm not doing so well since prices dropped, and of course the weather's not great either. Currently at -£13.18 for the last 6 days, and -£106 for the last 27 days.

PS Tuesday was just -99p, and Saturday we had to pay £1.29!!!

Last edited:
I don't have EV so there's no real point.

How many of you use timed export with flux, and how much do you export? The last few days I'm barely breaking even and I can't work out why yet...
I don't dump my battery deliberately , for me the pennies earned don't warrant the wear and tear on. my battery.
in general right now in the poor weather my export is more than my grid import (I fully charge the battery off peak) but not by much. (yesterday was not so bad actually despite a horrendous shower - 6kwh imported 13kwh exported)

over the course of all of 2023 however my export is 2104 kWh Vs 1628 imported.

in summer is was exporting a good 3-5 kWh over the expensive flux period just because my panels were pumping it out. but now by the time 4pm comes I am only just covering my usage and by 7pm am on battery.

I force export about 18kWh at peak rate. Always import 20.5kWh at off peak.

I'm not doing so well since prices dropped, and of course the weather's not great either. Currently at -£13.18 for the last 6 days, and -£106 for the last 27 days.

PS Tuesday was just -99p, and Saturday we had to pay £1.29!!!

That's still decent, what are you going to do over Winter? Will Flux still work out fairly cost neutral given your larger capacity for storage and generation?

My util bill for August was +£30 with some of that being in Go rather than Flux, but includes all of the SC and gas charges as well.

Generation for August is a bit less than July, where I manged a zero billed month, I could probably have stayed on Flux a bit longer here as weather has improved a bit, but Go is still fairly cheap all the same.

Back
Top Bottom