*** How to obtain a bike license ***

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I remember the young lad that was practising the controlled stop (emergency) and left a 20ft skid on the Tarmac for basically stamping on the rear brake :D

Secret is to lightly feather the back brake once the front bites down. Some people say don't even bother with it, but if nothing else it'll show the examiner you know the correct technique.

Soldato
Swerves and e stop nailed. My instructors words I should p**s it next week. Feel confident but just not gonna worry about it if I **** up I **** up and I can go again it's a cheap test in reality and even if I mess up its great practice / a lesson

Caporegime
Out of curiosity, how many of you guys have driver's licences as well? I failed that once due to nerves but it prepared me for what to expect come bike licence time.

Soldato
Out of curiosity, how many of you guys have driver's licences as well? I failed that once due to nerves but it prepared me for what to expect come bike licence time.

I've been driving since I was 17, passed a few days after my birthday, had my full license 2 years in December already!

Caporegime
Oh cool! I've had my car licence for 15 years now. Should probably go for my bike licence now but I have other priorities at the mo. It'll come, need to be patient.

Soldato
Oh cool! I've had my car licence for 15 years now. Should probably go for my bike licence now but I have other priorities at the mo. It'll come, need to be patient.

You're missing out on so much fun!

Up until I started riding a bike, getting my driving license at 17 was the best thing I'd ever done, so much freedom, it changes your life instantly. I've lost count the times I'd wake up on a Saturday morning around 8am knowing I can get in the car and literally go anywhere in Europe, it was awesome.

Caporegime
I know, I grew up on bikes :(

Sadly I have other commitments to see to before I can start going down that road. Doesn't help that my uncle lost his battle with the big C yesterday which is going to cost me a fortune too :(

Caporegime
Cheers dude. I wasn't close to him so it hasn't affected me much but my mother (in Holland) is taking it really hard so I'll have to fly over for the funeral and make sure she's ok.

Associate

I've got my driving license - but didn't get it until I was 27. In UK, I've always lived in large city centres, so never needed a car. I was in the process of emigrating to NZ, and would be stranded over there without a car, so went for it. Sadly, with the world financial crisis, we decided to hang around in the UK, then bought a house and had kids - so we're here for the foreseeable future :p.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Halfway there! Mod 2 is easy in comparison. At least that's what I found.

Treat it like another lesson and you'll breeze it.

:)

Soldato
Halfway there! Mod 2 is easy in comparison. At least that's what I found.

Treat it like another lesson and you'll breeze it.

:)

Three quarters ;) one last bit now.

Not even concerned about mod 2 tbh I just need to iron out the bad habits I've picked up as a car driver. Feel very confident on the bike etc so the battles more or less won.

Hit 58kph on the swerve LOL

Back
Top Bottom