*** How to obtain a bike license ***

One

One

Soldato
There's a pc DVD Rom on Amazon for about a tenner that kreeeee recommended to me which I am now recommending to you.

It really helps explain the points band of the hazard perception. It got me and kreeeee a pass first time!

One

One

Soldato
Mod 1 Passed :D

Was also my first time riding a 600 on the road and first time riding above 50mph :p great fun, the wind is surprisingly strong on the helmet at 70!

1 minor, I forgot to look when setting off for the slow ride which I realised as I came to a stop, otherwise perfect. 53kph on the speed tests.

Had a scare on the ride back, I thought my instructor was going to get wiped out, guy came up to a junction with heavy breaking, only looking in one direction, looked then in our direction started to move I thought 'oh ****' but then the car braked again. As I rode past I saw him mouth the words 'come on come on'. What's the rush on a Sunday lol?

Last edited:
Soldato
One step closer :) That's the theory test passed :D

Got 3 wrong on the questions part, can't remember what they were though! 13 years ago when I did my car theory I got 50/50 so I'm not too fussed.

Got 52 out of 75 on the hazard perception, failed one clip for 'cheating' even though I only clicked on the hazard! :rolleyes: And I only managed 5 points on the double hazard, but that's a pass nonetheless!! 9 out of the 14 clips (13 if you take away the one I was cheated on) I got 4 or 5 points on, so I'm happy with that :D

Gonna look at booking the mod 1 on my 125 to get some practise doing it, then onto DAS some time in the next month or 3.

One

One

Soldato
Well done!

Having just done the mod 1 I would advise against doing it on your 125, it's just going to be a waste of money. You can practise slow riding tight u-turns and figure of 8's in a Tesco carpark at night very easily.

Besides the feel of a 600 is completely different to a 125 anyway so won't help there. What I took from the mod1 is basically you just need to get good at keeping the bike at a constant rpm, slipping the clutch a bit and using the back break to control your slow speed. The slower you can go while still being in control is what will allow you to breeze through the mod1.

Last edited:
Soldato
I did look at what MOD 1 slots they had available at my local test centre, and they don't do Saturdays :mad:

So I probably won't book a single day off work just to do a practice mod 1, I'm pretty good at all the slow speed stuff on my 125, and when I had a ride on an MT-07 at the weekend I was able to do a slow ride at a slow walking pace alongside the instructor and was doing tight U turns with no feet down within seconds of getting on the bike.

Just need to find the £500 or so now to do my DAS. :) Shame the only cheaper ways of doing the tests is if you can borrow someone else's bike, or buy one before you've passed (but that's more expensive in the short term).

Caporegime
I did look at what MOD 1 slots they had available at my local test centre, and they don't do Saturdays :mad:

So I probably won't book a single day off work just to do a practice mod 1, I'm pretty good at all the slow speed stuff on my 125, and when I had a ride on an MT-07 at the weekend I was able to do a slow ride at a slow walking pace alongside the instructor and was doing tight U turns with no feet down within seconds of getting on the bike.

Just need to find the £500 or so now to do my DAS. :) Shame the only cheaper ways of doing the tests is if you can borrow someone else's bike, or buy one before you've passed (but that's more expensive in the short term).

I agree. From watching youtube vids of mod1 and 2, I'm convinced I could pass both without shelling out for a DAS. It's annoying that you don't have much choice since hiring a bike at a test centre is hard to do.

Buying one beforehand still presents the problem of getting it to the test centre.

One

One

Soldato
I got my full A license :D I was amazed how much better my riding became on the way home, it must be in the mind. I managed to stall in the test, even though I've never stalled a bike before at all.

Now to get some gear and get my bonnie ready for its MOT :D

Caporegime
rr14t2.gif

well done

One

One

Soldato
I did manage to go in the wrong lane on the independent drive. I ended up with him shouting on the Mic “go left, go left, go left“ I thought, sod changing lane abruptly I'll end up getting a major, instead I simply went the whole way around the roundabout lol.

I'd be interested to know how many people fail within the first ten minutes of the test, I imagine it is high (of those that fail that is)!

Man of Honour
I did manage to go in the wrong lane on the independent drive. I ended up with him shouting on the Mic “go left, go left, go left“ I thought, sod changing lane abruptly I'll end up getting a major, instead I simply went the whole way around the roundabout lol.

I'd be interested to know how many people fail within the first ten minutes of the test, I imagine it is high (of those that fail that is)!

I did that on my test and got a minor for lane discipline.

One

One

Soldato
It's official!

m1wc0CU.jpg

I've been refreshing that website every few hours since I passed :p

Interesting info kreeee, I think it would be more beneficial to new learners to have the mod 2 fee reduced! £75 is pretty steep considering they don't even provide a test bike!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom