1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** How to obtain a bike license ***

Discussion in 'Biker's Cafe' started by Fireskull, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Marff

Gangster

Had the same issue when I had my training, another guy doing his but he thought he knew everything as he had been riding his 125 for a few years. Safe to say he went and failed his mod2 on the day we both had it.

Might be worth seeing if they can fit you in another lesson before if it would help you feel more confident.

2. mattcrane

Hitman

Wife just text to say she has failed her Mod 1 for being 3mph under the required speed :(

3. Minibiker

Soldato

That's a big bummer bud.... Seems abit harsh!

4. mattcrane

Hitman

I think with all the agro she has had getting to this point due to struggling trying to find a training school with bikes that are small enough for her and now failing this she may give up trying :(

5. Minibiker

Soldato

Tell her to stick at it... Now she's got a feel for it all I'm sure her next one will have a positive outcome....

6. mattcrane

Hitman

Apparently a young girl who was taking her test at the same time had a perfect round then also failed for touching a cone with her foot didnt even knock it over or displace it just touched it :o

So glad I took my test 32years ago :)

7. Minibiker

Soldato

Bloody hell that's mad and seems strict... When I took my test back in 2008 it seemed quite simple compared to tests these days.. I was on test with a young lad who got a right telling off by the instructor as he approached a round about and wanted to go left, the donut went up the inside of an artic lorry who was turning left :eek:.. We had to pull over so the instructorccould have a word :p

8. Thomas. PLease.

Soldato

Well managed to pass Mod1 and 2 today on the first go. Had another day of training yesterday, this time on a new cb650f which I found a lot easier to ride and manouvre. Test was down in Burgess hill, which was a fair old ride from South London, but it was very useful to really get into again and a good mix of NSL and town riding. Mod 1 went fine. 1 minor for going too slow on the swerve first time round. Mod 2 seemed to go ok from my point of view, thankfully the route was fairly quiet besides a few odd bits of narrow, give way to oncoming traffic roads. Ended up with 6 minors, a variety of things, but three for coming onto roundabouts while cars weren't quite clear ahead of me. Pretty happy with that though. Now the proper learning begins!

9. djjuk

Hitman

Congrats mate. It's a great feeling! Ride safe.

10. khemist

Soldato

Well done!, i still find myself riding about at times thinking that getting a bike and my licence was probably the best decision i've ever made!.

Do you have a bike yet?.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  11. Thomas. PLease.

Soldato

Ready to get absolutely flamed, but i've bought an 899 panigale. Very aware its a huge amount of bike, and pretty inappropriate as a first bike. I'd looked at getting a street triple but just didn't really like the looks as much as some of the sports bikes, so then looked at GSXR600/750s, but ultimately the panigale won out. It's taken a bit of getting used to coming from the CB650f I was learning on, and am taking it very easy so far, having just left it indefinitely in wet mode.

12. tom_e

Man of Honour

The throttle goes both ways, enjoy!

I'm just jealous because I couldn't afford to buy and insure one now never mind when I first passed.

13. Malt_Vinegar

Underboss

Wow, Nice! I bought a £600 honda for my first "big bike", just to make sure i did not want to kill myself if i ever drop it or bin it :D

14. Thomas. PLease.

Soldato

Yeah, it's not particularly sensible really, but been ok so far fingers crossed and I'm getting a lot more comfortable on the bike now. The first few rides I found fairly intimidating, and very nervy, but I'm settling down a bit now, whilst trying to remain very careful. I've got crash bungs on the sides and bar ends, so hopefully minimising what I can should the worst happen. I'd like to take it on track next year, so may get some cheap chinese fairings to put then.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  15. Junglist

Mobster

Panigale as first bike. I am super jealous!

16. Minibiker

Soldato

Fair play @Thomas. PLease. Stunning bike, better than my first big bike I had a 2008 SV650... Take it steady especially this time of the year on two wheels