*** How to obtain a bike license ***

Soldato
Was an awful ride - Got lost on a roundabout, had to do a U turn in a carkpark to become unlost. :p

I thought i'd fluffed it. Turns out I didn't. I de-restricted the SV this morning too.

Associate
I had a similar thing on my Mod 2. Too close behind a lorry and made an unsignalled exit for a roundabout. Was convinced I’d blown it at the roundabout and was in a funk just long enough to cosy up to the lorry. Examiner said I’d dropped back quickly enough that a minor didn’t turn into a major, phew.

Soldato
Congrats!

Back when I did my test I forgot an indicator literally 1 min after leaving the test centre as I was too worried about potentially having to stop in the keep clear right before the lights if they changed... Lights were green so I went through and promptly went over the bridge before realising. Luckily as I turned it off just before the junction (with someone waiting to pull into it) the examiner just gave a minor. He said he was super close to marking it as a major but I turned it off just in time. As a result I thought I'd failed from the get-go so was pretty relaxed for the rest of the ride and nothing else really went wrong.

Uxbridge test centre if anyone knows it: https://goo.gl/maps/emDYus1MmZH5L6pi9

Apparently these lights catch a lot of people out...

Soldato
Thanks. Just booked it for mid August. First date I could get.

If you wanna do it earlier, you might wanna keep checking, sometimes people cancel last minute and you can get a spot.

When I did my test years ago, my Mod 2 was booked for 15 days after Mod 1, but next day after I passed my Mod 1 I've managed to book the Mod 2 for next day because of a cancellation, dunno if the system is still the same, but might worth a try.

Man of Honour
If you wanna do it earlier, you might wanna keep checking, sometimes people cancel last minute and you can get a spot.

When I did my test years ago, my Mod 2 was booked for 15 days after Mod 1, but next day after I passed my Mod 1 I've managed to book the Mod 2 for next day because of a cancellation, dunno if the system is still the same, but might worth a try.
Thanks. I am booking through a training school as I wanted a days road training before the test. I might have got an earlier date if I hadn't wanted that training as the school has to tie it in with their availability for an extra day. I think I stand a reasonable chance of passing without the further training as I've driven a car for 30+ years and the 125 for about 8 months. But it's going to be a bad habit or a silly mistake that gets me if I do fail (one of our group took his mod 2 as well yesterday and failed it turning left at a roundabout from a right hand lane simply because he panicked after getting confused on directions). I've come this far so I may as well give myself the best chance possible. I also think the training will be useful for long term safety even after my test.

Well done, hope you get passed first time and there should still be some nice riding weather left.

congratulations! Mod 2 is easier so you got over the hardest part in my opinion.

Thanks all. I actually found mod 1 easier than I expected. I'd built it up in my mind to be this really difficult test. But it's actually not too bad. I definitely think riding the 125 for a few months has helped my bike control even if they do feel very different (the bigger bike is easier).

Last edited:
Associate
My grandfather taught me to ride motorbikes when i was 14/15, unfortunately I have never got my licence...

So yesterday I contacted a training school and 20 years after last getting on a bike, I've booked to start a Novice Direct Access course starting the middle of September.

I seriously cannot wait to get back on a bike!!

Associate
My grandfather taught me to ride motorbikes when i was 14/15, unfortunately I have never got my licence...

So yesterday I contacted a training school and 20 years after last getting on a bike, I've booked to start a Novice Direct Access course starting the middle of September.

I seriously cannot wait to get back on a bike!!
Congrats on the first step, and good luck.

Associate
Congrats on the first step, and good luck.

Cheers pal, tbh its my Father and Brother in law that has really spurred me on to get it done.

Seeing the FIL's Fireblade parked up outside his house on a nice sunny day makes me want to do it even more...

Plus i can get my wife into some tight leathers #winning :D

Associate
Cheers pal, tbh its my Father and Brother in law that has really spurred me on to get it done.

Seeing the FIL's Fireblade parked up outside his house on a nice sunny day makes me want to do it even more...

Plus i can get my wife into some tight leathers #winning :D

:D still trying to persuade the wife to get on the back of mine after 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom