*** How to obtain a bike license ***

Man of Honour
As above, a full (pink) car license is also a provisional motorcycle licence. I didn't need to change mine when learning in 2020.

As for the hazard perception get the DVLA app on your phone and practice it. Learn to click just when the hazrad is evolving and then twice more a second apart. The reason for doing that is vecause you can sometimes click earlier than it accepts and you don't get any points for it. Good luck.

Caporegime
As above, a full (pink) car license is also a provisional motorcycle licence. I didn't need to change mine when learning in 2020.

As for the hazard perception get the DVLA app on your phone and practice it. Learn to click just when the hazrad is evolving and then twice more a second apart. The reason for doing that is vecause you can sometimes click earlier than it accepts and you don't get any points for it. Good luck.

Cheers, great stuff!

Just booked my theory test, anyone got any book recommendations?

Thanks.

Caporegime
Bought an app for a fiver, completed it m8. Not a single failure, so I should be able to pass it in one go.

Who would've thought that a 37 year old man would be getting as excited as an 18 year old doing his theory :D

Caporegime
Failed. Sigh. Passed the hazard perception with flying colours, failed on the multiple choice questions. Some of them are real "gotcha" questions with multiple answers that could be correct.

Next try is the 3rd of March, will have to practice a lot more I reckon.

Soldato
Failed. Sigh. Passed the hazard perception with flying colours, failed on the multiple choice questions. Some of them are real "gotcha" questions with multiple answers that could be correct.

Next try is the 3rd of March, will have to practice a lot more I reckon.

Guess the fiver app was not that good :p or maybe you were overconfident after the 1st try on the app.
I failed my 1st theory because of 1 question, I didn't study anything, I used common sense... but some questions were about braking distances and that sort of thing I didn't know.
For 2nd try, I did some pratice online and passed.

I find theory tests harder than practical :D

Caporegime
Guess the fiver app was not that good :p or maybe you were overconfident after the 1st try on the app.
I failed my 1st theory because of 1 question, I didn't study anything, I used common sense... but some questions were about braking distances and that sort of thing I didn't know.
For 2nd try, I did some pratice online and passed.

I find theory tests harder than practical :D

Spot on. Did the mock tests a few times, went in balls hanging out and promptly failed. I'll get it next time.

Soldato
I passed my Category A test today. I only started riding properly when I did my CBT on the 28th of Feb, before that I'd ridden a KTM electric Motocross bike for a couple hours about 5 years prior. :D

I did a 5 day DAS course with a local training school in Plymouth (First class training) who were spot on and the KTM Duke 790 is such a great bike to ride, I felt far more at home on it compared to the Duke 125.

7DocLeF.jpeg

Soldato
Cheers guys. Yeah the 790 is so much fun, I'm actually considering getting one. Although I'm at a loss really on what bike to get balancing looks/enjoyment/suitability. I did originally want a Yamaha R6, but I don't know if a street bike like the 790 is better to get experience on?

I popped into a local motorbike dealership today and saw this beauty, but a little out of my league. The sales person said in the interest of my own safety they wouldn't let somebody newly passed test ride it. :p

2015 Kawasaki ZX10R, 11k miles but pristine condition. £9k.

57Gki90.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom